Business Operations / Human Resources (HR) Internship
Business Operations | Remote or Greenville, NC | Internship
The WorkMonger Business Operations & Human Resources (HR) Intern provides quality administrative support to WorkMonger JobSeekers and teammates. This is a remote/virtual internship that can be based anywhere in the United States, or it can be based in or near our Greenville, NC / ECU office.
This internship is unpaid/for college or class credit. Support is delivered in a remote capacity from any location in the United States with a computer, internet access, and phone coverage. Interns are responsible for maintaining satisfied JobSeekers by delivering assistance and administrative support to WorkMonger team members on various projects. To learn more about WorkMonger click here to visit our website.
The Business Operations / Human Resources (HR) Intern…
Develops and Maintains Business and Human Capital Knowledge
- Begins to develop a current knowledge of best business practices and workflows.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in the human capital field.
- Develops a working knowledge of ATS (Applicant Tracking Systems) and posting systems.
- Keeps abreast of document management practices.
Pursues an Attitude of Learning and Development
- Attends seminars and meetings related to the profession.
- Cultivates interpersonal skills.
- Develops negotiating and public speaking skills.
- Fosters time management skills.
Executes Business and Human Resources (HR) Administrative Tasks
- Reviews, tracks, and sorts all incoming resumes and applications for open requisitions.
- Sends, manages, and tracks all follow-up communications with JobSeekers.
- Tracks progress, deadlines, and priorities of all projects.
- Prepares Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents (and their equivalents in Google Docs).
- Proofreads a variety of business documents.
- Tracks cost and effectiveness of channels for job postings.
- Posts new positions on various websites as requested.
- Completes and sends out regret messages.
- Manages JobSeeker satisfaction.
- Maintains a satisfied level of customer service with clients both internal and external.
- Correctly handles JobSeeker requests through responsiveness, follow-up, and escalation.
- Works proactively with other team members.
- Prioritizes activities in the best interest of the team when working on joint projects.
- Handles JobSeeker requests and delivers quality solutions or escalates the requests as necessary.
- Openly shares new ideas and information with other team members.
- Keeps other team members apprised to avoid surprises and disappointed JobSeekers.
- Manages and accurately reports time and effort.
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Detail oriented.
- Personable, able to comfortably and pleasantly deal with a variety of people.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Problem-solving capabilities necessary to accomplish the duties and tasks of the position.
- Ability to correctly make decisions involving issues/problems including when to escalate.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills.
- Ability to share knowledge and work in a strong team-oriented environment.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and e-mail.
- Willingness to learn new technology, software, and web-based systems related to the profession.
Commitment to Diversity
WorkMonger does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff and contractors, selection of interns and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, interns, contractors, subcontractors, and vendors.