Professional Pet Care Team Member
Dog Walking and Pet Sitting | Rosemont, Pennsylvania | Part Time
Woofs to Wags is a local, woman-owned, specialty pet care company. We service a five-mile radius of the Rosemont, PA train station, so you should live in this area so that you can get to and from client locations quickly. We value attention to detail, so please demonstrate yours by reading this entire listing and following instructions to apply.
We are currently seeking sitters with availability for several time frames, starting part-time with options of building up to full-time. Some of our clients also require a sitter to overnight in their home.
Team members will be trained in human and pet first aid/CPR, cat and dog body language, animal behavior basics, low-stress handling, and much more. Certification opportunities will be available with acceptable performance and time spent with the company. Individuals with a serious interest in veterinary science are preferred.
Woofs team members must:
- Be committed to work with animals and take the work seriously
- Be committed to humane, minimally-aversive, low-stress, rewards-based methods
- Be committed to continuous learning and able to critically evaluate quality of information
- Be able to handle large dogs effectively, safely and gently
- Have professional experience caring for dogs and cats
- Be able to administer medications to animals, including pills and subcutaneous fluids
- Have excellent attention to detail and observational skills
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Have a smart phone
- Have a reliable, insured vehicle and clean driving record
- Be an excellent navigator
- Be able to walk 7-8 miles in a day
- Be able to pass a background check
- Live in/near the Main Line from Radnor Township to the City Line
- Be available for midday dog walking Mon.-Fri. 11 AM-3PM, other time frames between 7am-9pm, plus two weekends a month and some holidays, as needed
If you think you have what it takes to join our wonderful team and can commit at least one full year, please submit a cover letter and resume.
PLEASE NOTE: Submissions lacking a cover letter, resume or proofreading will not receive a reply.
Job Type: Part-time
Regular pay starts at $15.00 /hour + pre-tax business mileage reimbursement, with possible performance bonus. Benefits include worker's compensation and education.