Tech Editor Obsessed With Mixed and Augmented Reality
Editorial | New York, NY | Full Time, Part Time, and Contract
Obsessed with mixed and augmented reality? Next Reality wants you to guide us into the AR future.
Next Reality is looking an editor obsessed with mixed and augmented reality. Next Reality brings you a daily look at the cutting-edge innovations in Augmented and Mixed Reality, poised to merge the impossible worlds of our imaginations with real life. If you have strong feelings verging on obsession with the latest technologies coming down the AR pipeline, we need your voice on the site.
A true obsessive will follow all the latest AR technologies coming from Google's Tango project, Apple's upcoming AR-capable iPhone, and the Microsoft HoloLens, and an endless desire to get the word out about the latest and greatest games, programs, and use cases for them. Our site aims to help consumers understand and get excited about these new technologies, and help teach industry and developer types how to make the most of them.
The best candidate for this position will have a nearly unhealthy obsession with the latest MR and AR technologies, already be obsessed with and ingrained in the community, and be able to churn out the latest news and analysis of the growing field throughout the day. This person will be a part of our editorial team and will work side by side with the Editor-In-Chief and our Next Reality writers to help grow our brand with new, exciting, and innovative editorial work.
To fill this role, the applicant must have a keen interest in AR and MR, and excitement about how these new technologies will integrate into our lives and change the way we interact with the world.
- Pitch, research, develop, and write engaging and intelligent content on the latest developments in MR and AR, including ARKit and other consumer applications coming soon.
- Plan, assign, manage, and edit content, including technical tutorials.
- Evolve and coordinate our newsletter and social media strategy to reach new readers.
- Work closely and coordinate with Editor-In-Chief and writing team on a daily basis to keep things running smoothly and expand our coverage to new areas.
- Keep an eye on the "big picture" for the site: manage upcoming news, conferences, and partnerships to engage our readers and grow our audience.
- A strong passion for all things MR- and AR-related, including hardware, apps, and development.
- A burning desire to share the latest AR and MR news, which only an itchy trigger finger on the publish button can scratch.
- Vision: A plan to take our site to the next level, reach new audiences, and get readers engaged.
- A personality that shines through in your writing.
- Technological know-how of how MR and AR work.
- Experience in journalism or blogging and a strong editorial mindset, including how you'll promote the site on social media and in other venues where our readers live.
- Good working understanding of editorial tools including Buffer, Chartbeat, Google Analytics, Slack, and MailChimp.
You MUST send a cover letter detailing your interests in the AR and MR space, attach or link to tech-related writing samples, send a few story ideas, and upload your résumé. Applicants without cover letters will not be considered.
This position is located in our New York City offices, though we'll consider excellent remote candidates.