REMOTE: White Hat Hacker as InfoSec HowTo Writer
Editorial | Remote Work - No Location | Part Time and Contract
Are you an information security expert with some free time and a passion for teaching?
Null Byte (null-byte.wonderhowto.com) is the largest white hat hacker community for beginners. We're searching for InfoSec experts to write tutorials and expand our coverage in new and exciting directions.
WonderHowTo is the web's premier destination for inspiration, guides, and how-tos, and we created the Null Byte community for beginners who want to learn about hacking, so they can get answers from experts without being taken advantage of or mocked for asking 'dumb' questions.
The perfect candidate would love writing tutorials that teach beginners the fundamentals of hacking, have experience in Linux, networking, and penetration testing, and be excited about engaging with a growing community of people interested in the InfoSec field.
Specifically, we're looking for expertise in any of the following: InfoSec certifications, hacking on and into Windows, hacking on and into iOS, and hacking on and into Android.
- Technical knowledge in InfoSec required. Specifically, we're looking for experts in one of the following fields: Linux, networking, penetration testing, InfoSec tools like Metasploit and Kali Linux, mobile hacking (iOS and Android), and professional certifications.
- The ability to explain complex subjects in a way that's easy to understand and fun for the reader.
- Superb grammar, fact-checking, and formatting skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Experience teaching others how to hack and how to prevent themselves from getting hacked is a big plus.
Email a cover letter that includes three tutorial ideas that you want to write and think the Null Byte community would enjoy learning.
Writers get paid a set rate per post. APPLICANTS MUST HAVE INFOSEC AND PENTEST EXPERTISE TO BE CONSIDERED.