Remote Tech News Writer (Augmented Reality)
Editorial | Remote Work - No Location | Part Time and Contract
Love sharing your knowledge about the latest innovations in technology?
Next Reality has the position for you.
Next Reality, the web's premier destination for augmented reality news and how-tos, is looking for a technology writer obsessed with emerging technology and wanting to become well versed in the new world of mixed and augmented reality.
The ideal candidate would be interested in covering the news from the cutting edge technology of the latest platforms, headsets, and mobile initiatives for our Next Reality website.
Our tech news writer will need to keep a close eye on Apple's iOS ARKit apps, the Microsoft HoloLens, Snapchat Lenses, and Magic Leap news, as well as other products, platforms, business, and funding news related to augmented reality.
This person will be a part of our editorial team and will work side by side with our Next Reality Editor to help grow our brand with new, exciting, and innovative editorial work focused on the latest news about AR.
Duties & Qualifications:
- Have a strong aptitude for finding timely stories and news hooks.
- Understand how to dig into a news story while on deadline.
- Able to pitch, research, develop, and write engaging and intelligent news stories about technology.
- Passionate about emerging technologies, specifically with interest in all things AR-related, including hardware, apps, and platforms.
- Ability to write clean copy with excellent grammar, that is accurately fact-checked and formatted to our style guide.
You MUST send a cover letter detailing your interest in the AR space and links to relevant tech writing samples. We will not consider applicants without cover letters.
Writers are paid by the post. This position is entirely remote.