Remote News Writer Covering Augmented Reality
Editorial | Remote Work - No Location | Part Time and Contract
Love sharing your knowledge about the latest innovations in augmented reality? Next Reality has the position for you.
Next Reality, the web's premier destination for augmented reality news and how-tos, is looking for a technology writer obsessed with the new world of mixed and augmented reality: Someone well versed in augmented reality platforms, headsets, and mobile initiatives who can contribute news stories to our Next Reality website.
The best candidate for this position is a tech writer obsessive about following the latest in augmented reality news.
If you like to keep a close eye on Apple's iOS ARKit apps, the Microsoft HoloLens, Snapchat Lenses, and Magic Leap, as well as other products and platforms related to augmented reality, this could be the position for you.
This person will be a part of our editorial team and will work side by side with our Next Reality Editor to help grow our brand with new, exciting, and innovative editorial work focused on the latest news about AR.
Duties & Qualifications:
- Be attuned to the latest developments in MR, AR, and specifically mobile AR.
- Have a strong aptitude for finding timely stories and news hooks.
- Pitch, research, develop, and write engaging and intelligent news stories about AR technologies.
- Passionate for all things AR-related, including hardware, apps, and platforms.
- Have a technological understanding of the internal details of how MR and AR work.
- Superb grammar, fact-checking, and formatting skills.
- Be well-organized, accurate, thorough, and detail-oriented.
- Have strong communication skills (written and verbal).
You MUST send a cover letter detailing your knowledge of the AR space — include tech-related writing samples and three story ideas you'd like to write up for the site. Applicants without cover letters will not be considered.
Writers will be paid by the post. This position is fully remote.