Augmented Reality News Writer
Editorial | New York, NY | Part Time and Contract
Love sharing your knowledge about augmented reality? Next Reality has the position for you.
WonderHowTo, the web's premier destination for inspiration, guides, and how-tos, is looking for a technology writer obsessed with the new world of mixed and augmented reality: Someone well versed in augmented reality platforms, headsets, and mobile initiatives who can contribute news stories to our Next Reality website.
The best candidate for this position is a tech writer obsessive about following the latest in augmented reality news.
If you like to keep a close eye on Apple's iOS ARKit apps, the Microsoft HoloLens, Snapchat Lenses, and Magic Leap, and other products and platforms related to augmented reality, this could be the position for you.
This person will be a part of our editorial team and will work side by side with our Next Reality Editor to help grow our brand with new, exciting, and innovative editorial work focused on the latest news about AR.
Duties & Qualifications:
- Be attuned to the latest developments in MR, AR, and specifically mobile AR.
- Pitch, research, develop, and write engaging and intelligent news stories about AR technologies.
- A strong passion for all things AR-related, including hardware, apps, and platforms.
- Technological know-how of the internal details of how MR and AR work.
- Superb grammar, fact-checking, and formatting skills.
- Well-organized, accurate, thorough, and detail-oriented.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
You MUST send a cover letter detailing your knowledge of the AR space — include tech-related writing samples if you have them — and your résumé. Applicants without cover letters will not be considered. Writers will be paid by the post. This position is remote.