ARKit/ARCore Tutorial Writer
Editorial | New York, NY | Part Time and Contract
Love sharing your knowledge about mobile AR development? Next Reality has the position for you.
WonderHowTo, the web's premier destination for inspiration, guides, and how-tos, is looking for a developer-writer obsessed with the new world of mixed and augmented reality: Someone well versed in mobile AR platforms, including ARKit and ARCore, who can contribute tutorials to our Next Reality website.
The best candidate for this position is a mobile-focused developer already ingrained with the community and wanting to share their knowledge of how AR gets made. Someone who understands how AR apps work and has an unhealthy obsession with the latest mobile AR technologies would be perfect for this role. This person will be a part of our editorial team and will work side by side with our Next Reality Editor to help grow our brand with new, exciting, and innovative editorial work focused on guides and how-tos about mobile AR.
To fill this role, the applicant must have development-based knowledge of AR and MR and appreciation of how these new technologies will integrate into our lives and change the way we interact with the world.
Duties & Qualifications:
- Be attuned to the latest developments in MR, AR, and specifically mobile AR.
- Pitch, research, develop, and write engaging and intelligent guides and how-tos about mobile AR technologies.
- A strong passion for all things AR-related, including hardware, apps, and development.
- Technological know-how of the internal details of how MR and AR work.
- Superb grammar, fact-checking, and formatting skills.
- Well-organized, accurate, thorough, and detail-oriented.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
You MUST send a cover letter detailing your knowledge of the mobile AR space — include tech-related writing samples if you have them — and your résumé. Applicants without cover letters will not be considered. How-to writers will be paid by the post. This position is remote.