Production Designer (Web, Packaging, Print)
Marketing | Austin, TX | Full Time
Position: Production Designer (Web, Packaging, Print)
Wondercide is a fast-growing, Austin company producing safe and effective natural products for pets and their people. We are looking for a creative, efficient Production Designer to help in the development and production of both digital and print assets to support our marketing initiatives. This is a small business (under 50 employees) with plenty of room for growth and advancement and we are looking for someone to round out and support our team.
Who You Are
- Must be self-starter and a team player
- You’re passionate about good design and quality of work – you have a great sense of design and a strong eye for details.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You have great communication skills, a positive attitude, sense of humor, and the ability to juggle competing priorities.
- You’re all about initiative, reliability and having a high level of ownership, but you also know when to reach out when you need help or guidance.
- Must have a strong attention to detail and ability to proof artwork prior to release.
What You'll Need
- Minimum 3-5 years of production design experience.
- Must be fluent in Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Must be able to take creative direction from VP of Marketing and work with existing brand guidelines and visual language
- You’re comfortable working with and managing outside vendors and printers with experience on press checks with a solid understanding of the printing process.
- Knowledge of video shooting, editing and motion graphics a plus
- Knowledge of Professional Photography and retouching a plus
What You'll Do
- Develop and implement templates for packaging production files to streamline inefficiencies and maximize production output
- Design and execute digital assets within brand guidelines for website, social media, email marketing, display ads, and other digital platforms.
- Organize and maintain packaging artwork through the print production process to improve quality and efficiency
- Manage print vendor relationships and act as the primary point of contact
- Negotiate pricing and schedules as required to execute individual projects, and ensure that the end result exceeds our brand expectations.
- Execute smaller projects to support business such as table signage for community events, business cards, etc.
- Provide level-of-effort and time estimates for all deliverables. Project manage workload in agile environment.