Operations | Berkeley, CA | Full Time and Part Time
Wine.com is seeking individuals that can help in our Berkeley warehouse with warehouse reorganization. The job includes moving racks and shelves, painting, assisting with reorganizing by helping move items and the clean up that will follow.
- Disassembling and Assembling warehouse racking and manual conveyor rollers.
- Assembling of corrugate sleeves.
- Moving and relocating warehouse stock.
- Disposing unwanted equipment and supplies.
- Cleaning up and organizing warehouse facility.
- Help with moving and lifting wine cases.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 1 year of warehouse/logistic center experience in a fast paced and multi-cultural environment.
- Basic computer literacy.
- General knowledge of warehouse /logistic center functions and practices.
- Ability to skillfully operate warehouse equipment such as a pallet jack and fork lift, preferred.
- Ability to take instructions and work well with others.
- Physical ability to repeatedly lift and carry 30lbs or more and to stand/walk for 6-7+ hours constantly.
- Enjoy being part of a small team in a busy logistic center environment during the off season and the possible opportunity to become part of the team for the holiday season if qualified and skilled in fulfillment operations functions like receiving, QC, Inventory management).
Essential Job Functions
- Must be able to speak and understand enough English to be able to communicate, understand and give instructions.
- Physical demands will involve climbing, bending, stooping, lifting, grasping, pushing, pulling and otherwise moving objects weighing as much as 30lbs or more.
- Other requirements include mental alertness, attention to detail, strong reasoning capacity and the ability to lead and supervise people and processes when the need arises.
- Required to perform activities involving being around moving machinery, lifting, carrying, pushing heavy weights, squatting, bending, climbing, reaching.
- May be required to participate in more than one assignment at a time with frequent interruptions, changes, and delays. Must be able to remain focused and work effectively, efficiently, and harmoniously under such circumstances.
- The work area is a warehouse with exposure to noise and marked changes in temperature and humidity and possible exposure to dust, fumes.