Operations | Berkeley, CA | Full Time and Temporary
Wine.com is seeking individuals that can help in our Berkeley warehouse. The job includes moving racks and shelves, painting, assisting with reorganizing by helping move items and the general clean up that will follow.
- Carefully removing wine bottles from top shelves on picking racks.
- Lowering all the top shelves on picking rack.
- Dusting and re-shelving wine bottles to the lowered shelves.
- Help with thoroughly cleaning the warehouse – which would include gathering all items that need to be disposed.
- Help with moving and lifting wine cases.
- Help with paint jobs around the warehouse.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 1 year of warehouse/logistic center experience in a fast paced and multi-cultural environment.
- Basic computer literacy.
- In-depth knowledge of warehouse /logistic center functions and practices with demonstrated ability to effectively manage in a fast-paced environment. Ability to focus and maintain accuracy during repetitive tasks.
- Ability to skillfully operate warehouse equipment such as a pallet jack and fork lift, preferred
- Ability to lead by example, communicate with confidence and build respect with peers and staff.
- Physical ability to repeatedly lift and carry 30lbs or more and to stand/walk for 6-7+ hours constantly.
- Enjoy being part of a small team in a busy logistic center environment during the off season and a bigger team during the holiday season.
Essential Job Functions
- Must be able to speak and understand enough English to be able to communicate and understand and give instructions.
- Physical demands will involve bending, stooping, lifting, grasping, pushing, pulling and otherwise moving objects weighing as much as 30lbs or more.
- Other requirements include mental alertness, attention to detail, strong reasoning capacity and the ability to lead and supervise people and processes when the need arises.
- Required to perform activities involving being around moving machinery, lifting, carrying, pushing heavy weights, squatting, bending, climbing, reaching.
- May be required to participate in more than one assignment at a time with frequent interruptions, changes, and delays. Must be able to remain focused and work effectively, efficiently, and harmoniously under such circumstances.
- The work area is a warehouse with exposure to noise and marked changes in temperature and humidity and possible exposure to dust, fumes. Wine.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.