Finance | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Wine.com is looking for an experienced Staff Accountant with excellent business, communication, and analytical skills to become an integral member of the dynamic Finance & Accounting team located at its headquarters in San Francisco, CA. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail and desire to learn processes and systems. This role will play a key role in GL reconciliations, monthly close process and financial reporting among other daily accounting functions.
- Prepare accruals, deferrals, prepaid and other recurring journal entries at month- and year-end close. Ensure that all financial transactions are recorded in a timely, accurate manner and in compliance with GAAP accounting standards.
- Assist Controller with preparing quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Perform account reconciliations of general ledger balances to sub-ledger on a periodic basis. Perform flux analysis of BS and P&L accounts.
- Analyze and reconcile GL bank accounts with monthly bank statements. Enter monthly cash journal transactions – check deposits, cash wires and fees.
- Maintain monthly schedules for liability accounts and prepare recurring/adjustment entries.
- Monitor and analyze fixed and capital asset activity, maintain depreciation schedule, and prepare corresponding monthly entries.
- Enter and reconcile Payroll and PTO records
- Analyze monthly sales tax activity.
- Analyze monthly departmental expenses and prepare corresponding accruals.
- Partner with cross-functional teams including legal, customer service and various business owners as needed to obtain needed supporting documentation.
- Support annual audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibilities.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4+ years of revenue accounting experience
- Strong background in running a month-close process.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, with the ability to manipulate and digest large amount of data.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated understanding of full accounting cycle.
- Self-motivated and self-managed - able to think independently and creatively.
- Ability to learn new systems and adapt to changing work environments.
- Resourceful in the completion of projects, meeting deadlines and effective at multi-tasking.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Dynamics D365 preferred