Finance | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Wine.com is looking for an experienced Staff Accountant with excellent business, communication, and analytical skills, enabling collaboration with various functions. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail and desire to learn processes and systems. This role will play a key role in GL reconciliations, our monthly close process, financial reporting among other daily accounting functions.
- Prepare journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and flux analysis at month-end close for revenue related accounts
- Be responsible for financial reporting including preparation of journal entries, accruals, deferrals and prepaid, month-end close and year-end close
- Perform account reconciliations for sub-ledger to general ledger account balance. Review and analyze BS and P&L accounts
- Analyze and reconcile GL bank accounts with monthly bank statements. Enter monthly journal transactions – check deposits, cash wires and fees.
- Maintain monthly schedules for liability accounts and prepare recurring/adjustment entries
- Monitor and analyze fixed and capital asset activity, maintain depreciation schedule, and prepare corresponding monthly entries
- Enter and reconcile Payroll and PTO records
- Analyze monthly sales tax activity
- Analyze monthly expenses and prepare accruals
- Partner with cross-functional teams including finance, legal and various business owners as needed to obtain needed supporting documentation
- Support annual audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4+ years of revenue accounting experience
- Strong background in running a close process
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, with the ability to manipulate and digest mass amounts of data required
- Experience in Dynamics D365 preferred
- Self-motivated and self-managed - able to think independently, creatively, and opportunistically
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated understanding of accounting cycles
- Ability to adapt to changing work environments.
- Resourceful in the completion of projects, meeting deadlines and effective at multi-tasking.
- Good written and verbal communication skills