Senior SQL DBA (Analytics, Reports, BI)
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
The Wine.com mission is to promote the wine lifestyle through innovation by making it fun, easy and risk-free for our customers to discover great wines from all over the world with the selection, guidance, convenience and value not found in stores. We operate corporate offices in San Francisco, CA, as well as a nationwide network of wine fulfillment centers which can deliver in one or two days to most of the country.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
You will be responsible for developing scalable, robust, reporting solutions that empowering our data driven culture. You will help drive the implementation, maintenance, and support of our data warehouse and the databases that drive our eCommerce backend. You will also help the development group with SQL issues and perform general DBA duties for Wine.com.
- Work with business users to define and implement data mart cubes, visualization and reporting tools.
- Support our business with ad-hoc query requests.
- Work with development on SQL design and query plan optimization
- Perform and automate routine reporting and database tasks
- Strong experience in data warehouse / data mining development
- Demonstrated skills in designing and building business intelligence platforms with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 / 2008 / 2012
- Experience with SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Sharepoint 2010
- Strong experience querying complex data sets in RDBMS databases and proficiency with SQL.
- Meticulous approach to data validation and verification of accuracy of data analytics and reports
- Great communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong abilities of implementation in agile development cycle
- Customer-focused attitude, while maintaining high engineering standards
- Experience in Open Source reporting packages
- History of work in eCommerce and supply chain logistics