Seasonal - Warehouse Team Lead NJ
Operations | Maplewood, NJ | Full Time, Temporary, and Temp to Perm
Seasonal - Warehouse Team Lead
Reporting to: Warehouse Manager and Assistant Manager
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week/ 5 days per week in line with the Working Time Directive.
Typical shift patterns: 8hour morning shift or 8hour afternoon shift or 8hour overnight shift. May be required to work one weekend day during the holiday season.
This is a frontline leadership role encompassing taking ownership and providing leadership to your assigned team. The Warehouse Team Lead is empowered with adequate authority to exercise the required duties and responsibilities of the position and to insure that all work performed meets or exceeds Wine.com’ standards for safety, quality, productivity, and conduct.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Full adherence to health and safety policy and procedures.
- Direct all duties in designated shift being performed by employees in your assigned team.
- Lead from the front by setting highly productive work pace and maintaining a high degree of visibility and access to your team.
- Maintain department standards for productivity, reliability, and accuracy.
- Assist with distributing workload amongst your team.
- Identify production bottlenecks and take corrective action.
- Train, develop and engage new employees assigned to your team.
- Restart, fix or correct any system or production stoppage.
- Enforce safety standards.
- Set the standard for high productivity and quality.
- Assist the warehouse manager and assistants with executing the daily work plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Assist in employee training, development and engagement.
Key Skills / Attributes:
- Experience in leading a team in a warehousing and logistics environment.
- Minimum of three year of experience in a warehouse position picking and packing orders.
- Exceptional man management and communication skills.
- A team player with a positive attitude towards work.
- Knowledge and experience of health and safety standard.
- Excellent PC skills, particularly Microsoft office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Knowledge of warehouse operating procedures and protocol with proven supervisory and leadership skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with personnel of all levels within the organization.