Replenishment Buyer - NY
Merchandising | Westbury, NY | Full Time
Wine.com is seeking a Replenishment Buyer who will be responsible for daily purchasing and inventory functions including creating, managing and directing purchase orders. As needed, the replenishment buyer will handle new item creation and manage inbound order issues, returns, and prioritization with warehouse operations. This team is often the liaise between category managers and our wholesalers for planning, effective communication is key. The Replenishment Buyer will engage in team meetings to communicate on company initiatives, status and execution.
A successful candidate for this position will have excellent time management, and outstanding problem solving.
Essential Job Duties:
- Creating, managing and directing purchase orders on a daily basis to guarantee timely arrival of product to all warehouse locations
- Maintaining inventory ordering controls in our ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics 365) and any other inventory maintenance projects as required
- Communicate and coordinate between Category Managers, Operations and Customer Service teams in the event of purchase order shortages
- Handle new item creations
- In coordination with the Warehouse Operations team, manage inbound order issues, returns, and prioritization
- Accountable for making sure communication about delayed deliveries is made to all stakeholders including Warehouses Operations and Customer Service teams.
- Other duties as need or assigned
Key Job Requirements:
- Buying experience especially in the Wine and Spirits industry
- Knowledge of wine industry and terminology (wine certification/qualification/courses or schooling a plus)
- Knowledge of the supply chain industry/function
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational, documentation and follow-up skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis in Excel and Teams
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Must be self-motivated and maintain a positive approach to working in a highly collaborative team environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong interest and passion in wine