Remote Wine Recommendations Specialist - NY
Recommendations | Westbury, NY | Part Time and Temporary
REMOTE WINE RECOMMENDATIONS SPECIALIST
Flexible Part-Time Positions for Sommeliers based in CA, OR, WA, CO, TX, FL, NY, NJ or MA for Live Chat with Customers
Wine.com is seeking a Recommendations Specialist interested in working remote, part-time, weekend hours. The Recommendations Specialist is a wine expert responsible for assisting customers to determine their wine needs and making recommendations through Zendesk, our online live-chat platform. They are tasked with developing and ensuring a positive customer experience as well providing sales leadership and product knowledge inspiration to the team. This is achieved through their interaction with customers via Wine.com’s online Zendesk platform as they are recommending wines, explaining company policy and procedures and quickly navigating the Wine.com site for fast responses.
- Demonstrates capacity for customer engagement and salesmanship including perceptiveness, tact, resilience, patience, ability to remain upbeat and maintain a very positive attitude and take initiative when chatting with customers.
- Provides exceptional customer service while giving great wine recommendations.
- Makes daily checks before beginning of work shift on all announcements, sales, promotions and campaigns from the Recommendations, Customer Service and Marketing departments through email and other updates.
- Ensures Wine.com’s company branding standards are met at all times.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by manager.
- Knowledge of wine and wine terminology (wine certification/qualification/courses or schooling a plus).
- Must have strong problem-solving skills and produce quality solutions.
- Must maintain positive tone and disposition when communicating with customers.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to quickly navigate multiple websites at a time.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced sometimes stressful holiday season driven environment.
- Ability to prioritize work and multi-task successfully.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Basic HTML skills.
- Fast typing skills with at a speed of at least 40wpm.
- Must be willing and able to work well individually with minimal remote supervision.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to work in an environment that may be stressful due to adversarial situations resulting from seasonal demands of Wine.com business.
- Must be able to remain focused and work effectively, efficiently and harmoniously and remain professional and courteous under challenging circumstances.
- Must have own updated computer or laptop with high-speed internet connectivity.
- Must be able to work well under minimal remote supervision.