Product Manager - Operations
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Wine.com is the leading online wine retailer offering the world’s largest selection and the best service. Based in the San Francisco Financial District, we are seeking a driven, high-performing Product Manager to lead, define, develop, launch, and track products and features that deliver on our mission of promoting the wine lifestyle through innovation. As the glue of your team, you'll play a central role in making sure that we are addressing the right problems, creating a plan of attack and accelerating on-the-ground execution. On a day-to-day basis, you'll write stories, develop specs, generate data-based insights to help everyone make smart decisions, and coordinate work across engineers and designers to make it happen.
This role is centered on scaling and enhancing our operations, fulfillment and customer service efforts. Wine.com distributes wine through a handful of logistics centers across the US. We have a bi-coastal, US-based team dedicated to customer care. You’ll be partnering with these teams to develop fresh ideas and solutions that meet the needs of our growing business and delight our customers.
· An Owner. Whether it's creating a feature or figuring out how to achieve a target, you have a history of taking a big problem, owning it, and delivering results.
· Collaborative. You love helping engineers and designers do their best work. You can empathize with other disciplines and bring everyone together using clear communication skills. People love working with you!
· Analytical. You are naturally curious. You’re comfortable with numbers and seek data to support your product instincts. You welcome debate and discussion, but also excel at synthesizing and forming a strong point of view.
· Customer-Focused. You love your users, and strive to give them great experiences that also help our business. You want your company to be built to last.
· Organized. You are a natural at project management - knowing what everyone is working on, and what's next. You enjoy keeping things moving forward.
· Flexible. You're OK with ambiguity and a fast-paced environment. We learn things every day… and we adjust accordingly.
· Fun to work with. You have a sense of humor and keep things light. We take fun seriously.
· Interested. In learning about wine and food - or already into both!
Major Duties and Responsibilities
· Lead and deliver on road map projects in an Agile development environment.
· Drive to results. Establish KPIs and create reports to track products and processes. Report out findings.
· Develop high level business requirements, translate them into functional specifications for the engineering organization, and manage changes through the course of the project.
· Prepare user stories, functional specs, business process documentation, and train colleagues as needed.
· Evangelize your projects across the organization and keep the team up to date on objectives, progress, and findings. Highlight and guide to resolution, key prioritization and trade off decisions.
· Explore new technologies to make build vs. recommendations to buy .
· Uncover customer and business insights to inform and propose go-forward roadmap work and business strategy.
Skills and Experience
· Bachelor's or Master's degree or equivalent work experience.
· 4+ years product management experience in an Agile development environment in ecommerce, operations or similar.
· Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills. Comfortable with data analysis, metric definition, and tracking.
· Advanced interpersonal, business communication, writing and presentation skills.
· Customer focused with high quality standards.
· Experienced with technical/functional troubleshooting and problem solving.
· Organized, systematic and good with numbers.
· Excellent project management skills and attention to detail.
· Passion for developing innovative products and creating great user experiences.
· Results oriented. Bias toward action.