Paid Search Marketing Manager (SEM)
Marketing | San Francisco, CA
The #1 Internet Wine Retailer, Wine.com is looking to add a paid search marketing expert to the team. This person will drive SEM for the flagship Wine.com brand and our flash sales site WineShopper.com. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in search marketing, with a track record of driving profitable acquisition through the various search engines. This person will also drive marketing behind additional acquisition channels as needed (primarily SEO and Amazon search).
- Manage paid search campaigns on major search engines - Google, MSN/Bing for the Wine.com and WineShopper brands
- Optimize spend to drive new customer growth while hitting margin per new customer targets
- Manage campaigns targeting desktop, tablets and mobile devices separately
- Implement testing strategies to continually uncover optimization levers, enhance learning, and improve performance
- Develop and manage forecasts, implement strategies to achieve/exceed targets
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams to extend marketing and product messages to the paid search channel to drive acquisition
- Use Endeca Page Builder to optimize and test landing pages (previous experience with this tool not required)
- 3+ years of hand-on SEM experience, including proven track record managing Google PPC program
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional Excel skills. Strong knowledge of Google Analytics and ideally Omniture web analytics.
- Ability to interpret data to drive profitable optimization/improvements of SEM program
- Team player who can work effectively with internal partners and manage third-party vendors.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience with other marketing channels (SEO, affiliates, social etc) is a big bonus, we are a cross functional team and the ideal candidate would eventually expand their role to vehicles beyond paid search.
- Passion for testing and analytics.
- Frequent educational wine tastings open to the whole company and a friendly, positive working atmosphere.