Operating Purchasing Coordinator
Operations | Westbury, NY | Full Time
The Operating Purchasing Coordinator is responsible for coordinating efficient operation’s purchasing activities. The main objective of the Operating Purchasing Coordinator is to create and process purchase orders, reconcile purchase orders and invoices and promptly address any discrepancies with vendors. The Operating Purchasing Coordinator will work closely with the accounting, merchandising and operations departments who are all major players in the purchasing process.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Coordinate and manage activities during the purchasing process, such as creating purchase orders.
- Perform purchasing functions as required and directed by supervisor.
- Communicate quantity and product variances with appropriate contacts (both internal and external to Wine.com).
- Participate in cycle counts, monthly and year-end inventories, including the research and reconciliation of discrepancies.
- Create coversheets for all purchase orders and invoices and submit them to the accounting department in a timely manner, understanding the importance of prioritizing submissions to the accounting department.
- Contact and work with vendors to resolve purchasing issues as appropriate.
- File/maintain records of all items ordered, purchased and received.
- Maintain appropriate stock levels for certain inventory items.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- High school diploma and/or relevant purchasing/inventory experience in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of warehouse operations / shipping and receiving and inventory management beneficial.
- Computer literacy and solid knowledge and skill in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Basic knowledge of purchasing and accounting principles and practices.
- Physical ability to lift and carry 40 lbs (on occasion) plus and to stand/walk for about six hours each day.
- Knowledge of wine or experience in wine industry a plus.
- Enjoy being part of a team in a busy logistic center environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Must be able to communicate both verbally and written.
- Must be able to speak English in a clear and understandable voice so that business may be conducted with individuals of a wide and varied range of education and capability.
- Must be able to read with or without corrective lenses.
- Physical demands will involve bending, stooping, lifting, grasping, pushing, pulling and otherwise moving objects weighing as much as 40 lbs. This may occur several times in a day.
- Must be able to work extended hours, days weekends and holidays if necessary.
- Other requirements include mental alertness, orientation to detail, strong reasoning and leadership skills, and the ability to supervise and be a team in a busy logistic center environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to work and perform activities involving being around moving machinery, lifting, carrying, pushing heavy weights, squatting, bending, climbing, and reaching.
- Ability to work in an environment that may be stressful due to adversarial situations resulting from the performance of the department’s mission and seasonal demands of Wine.com business.
- May be required to participate in more than one assignment at a time with frequent interruptions, changes, and delays. Must be able to remain focused and work effectively, efficiently, and harmoniously under such circumstances.
- The primary work area is a warehouse with exposure to noise and marked changes in temperature and humidity and possible exposure to dust and fumes.
Wine.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.