Online Marketing Analyst
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
The #1 Internet Wine Retailer, Wine.com is looking to add an online marketing and analytics expert to the team. As we look to substantially grow our customer base and revenue this position will play an integral role in driving the business through data analysis, reporting, and segmentation insights regarding marketing programs.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on data, analytics and optimization, and perform those functions
- Collect and integrate data from multiple sources, and review data for accuracy, alerting management and vendors when issues are identified
- Identify data needs, and work with internal teams and external vendors to ensure appropriate tracking is in place across all channels and tactics
- Analyze online programs across a broad range of channels and tactics including websites, email, display, SEM, mobile, apps, and social, and provide meaningful insight to management
- Analyze online user behavior including conversion data, customer funnel analysis and multi-channel attribution
- Develop and track lifetime value metrics for various marketing vehicles across Wine.com and WineShopper.com
- Identify areas to optimize marketing campaigns and recommend and design appropriate test plans are in place
- Provide management with data-driven insights to identify areas for marketing program improvement
- Design easy to digest dashboards and comprehensive reports, and write clear concise powerpoint presentations summarizing data insights, outcomes and implications in a straightforward and enlightening way
- Participate in the design and site flow to make sure that all metrics are built into new products
- Manage ad-hoc reporting requests
- Day-to-day management of program to ensure tracking, reporting, and analytics are functioning optimally
- 2-5 years of experience in the online marketing space focused on digital marketing, technology and e-commerce, including web analytics, email marketing, search marketing, social media and lead generation
- Previous experience with analytics in a multi-channel retail business, specifically lifetime value, customer segmentation, digital marketing, and e-Commerce.
- Working knowledge of Digital Technology platforms
- Must possess advanced computer skills and fluency in relevant software applications such as Microsoft Office – Excel (Pivot Tables, shortcut keys, advanced functions), PowerPoint, Access, as well as other reporting tools
- Experience with analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Other), A/B and multivariate testing, and Multi-channel (online and offline) attribution and testing experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with highly evolved interpersonal skills, for interfacing with a diverse range of people, positions and personalities. Comfortable interacting with and presenting to senior management.
- Self-starter, highly motivated with the ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Strong curiosity to uncover answers to questions posed by CEO and marketing teams with data and analytics, and increasingly defining and answering questions of your own accord
- Preferred industries include consulting, online retail, and investment banking among others.
- Advanced statistical and analytical skills for developing and implementing key business metrics, and evaluation of data related to business goals and strategies
- Familiarity with querying databases (SQL)
- Frequent educational wine tastings open to the whole company and a friendly, positive working atmosphere.