Lead UX Designer
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
wine.com career opportunities
Wine.com, the nation's leading online wine store, is often looking for new, high energy, entrepreneurial team members. We operate corporate offices in San Francisco, California, as well as licensed logistics centers across the nation. Our mission is to make it fun, easy and risk-free for our customers to discover great new wines from all over the world, whether shopping for themselves or sending gifts.
The Lead UX Designer will be responsible for delivering all aspects of interaction design: initial concepts, wireframes, working with product managers and visual designers, creating functional specifications, and working with engineering on implementation. Some research and/or prototyping may also be part of the role, depending on the candidate’s skill set.
In addition to excellent user interaction design skills, strong candidates should have experience thinking in terms of end-to-end UI design, applying strategic thinking and business goals to designs, focusing on user feedback, and understanding the relation of visual design to the interaction. The designer will take a very visible, senior role within the company as an advocate for User Experience. You will work with the other department heads to define a design process that emphasizes user-centered design and design iteration and refinement.
Wine.com is the leading online wine retailer. Founded in 1998 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco, we’re passionate about using technology to help customers discover the world of wine.
- Participate in the product definition process with the Product Manager, Engineering Lead and Exec Team. Clarify the user tasks and objectives.
- Develop user interface design concepts and wireframes, usage scenarios, task analysis, prototypes, specifications, navigation maps, style guidelines, and other UI design documents.
- Develop expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products and bring new ideas to the team.
- Advocate for user research of the product and project prototypes. Conduct basic usability research, and/or manage professional researchers to ensure that the designs meet the needs of our customers.
- Coordinate with visual designer (whether on staff or contract resource) to ensure that visual design mockups meet the objectives of the user experience, fit with the overall brand, are consistent, etc.
- 4+ years as an interaction designer, creating excellent interfaces that delight the customer.
- Experience designing compelling consumer mobile apps (iOS and Android) and consumer products/ecommerce for desktop and mobile web.
- High degree of creativity and problem solving.
- Exceptional understanding of fundamental design principals.
- Strong conceptual, visual and analytical skills.
- Exceptional, proven leadership, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with the larger product team.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Design, or related field.
Wine.com is seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with a passion for wine, communication and computer software. The Merchandising Coordinator will support the merchandising department in the day-to-day functions of product set up, content aggregation and product database maintenance from their headquarter offices in San Francisco. This is a temporary part-time based position (20 to 30 hours weekly), and in part, involves the acquisition, editing and updating material such as pricing, availability, label graphics, winemaker notes, and ratings from thousands of Wine.com winery partners and their wholesalers. The role is temporary, although could grow to a permanent position.
• Knowledge of wine industry and terminology
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office with proficiency in Excel
• Basic HTML skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Ability to prioritize work and multi-task successfully
• Strong interest in wine; some schooling or courses in wine a plus
• Previous E-commerce experience a plus
• High School Diploma required, AA or BS/BA preferred
Wine.com is the nation’s leading online wine retailer, according to Internet Retailer magazine’s annual ranking of websites by revenue. The company's mission is to promote the wine lifestyle through innovation, which it does by providing its customers with selection, guidance, convenience and value not common in stores. Unique in its industry, Wine.com owns a proprietary network of wine fulfillment centers which delivers in 1 or 2 days to most of the country. The company's Steward-Ship program, unlimited wine delivery for $49 per year, is a customer favorite. Wine.com is majority owned by Baker Capital. For more information, visit the company’s website at http://www.wine.com.