Inventory Accounting Manager
Finance | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Wine.com is searching for Inventory Accounting Manager to join our dynamic Finance and Accounting team at our headquarter office located in San Francisco, CA. In this highly cross-functional role, you will partner with Warehouse Operations and Merchandising in the course of the day-to-day inventory accounting activities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage team of 6-8 Accounts Payable Warehouse clerks responsible for the inventory matching and invoicing within the ERP system
- Own all relevant aspects of our close processes to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the Company’s inventory accounts, including the oversight of our key management estimates over inventory reserves.
- Partner with Warehouse Operations on the continual execution of the cycle count process for inventory at the logistics centers
- Manage COGS functions, including inventory transactions, gross margin analytics and variances.
- Reconcile inventory subledger accounts to the general ledger. Ensure inventory valuations are accurate.
- Assess and maintain inventory reserve requirements.
- Lead all aspects of the inventory accounting process for high volume purchased inventory for thousands of SKUs
- Oversee the preparation of and review monthly roll forwards, journal entries, reconciliations and reporting for inventory accruals, obsolescence, cost of goods sold
- Ensure compliance with GAAP accounting, performing research as needed
- Support the annual financial statement audit (and other audits).
- Support operational/systems initiatives/projects and other ad hoc research, including identifying resolutions for relevant data limitations.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (or relevant field) and 6+ years combined of experience at large retail/eCommerce company
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Public company experience
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics 365 (ERP) and High Jump (WMS) strongly preferred
- Experience in a warehouse or manufacturing setting a plus
- An aptitude for working with large sets of data
- An analytical mind and are always thinking of ways to streamline and improve processes or problems
- Strong organizational and detail-orientation skills and the ability to handle multiple competing tasks simultaneously
- You are a strong communicator and leader who enjoys coaching, mentoring and developing others
- You have strong technical accounting skills and a detailed understanding of current GAAP standards
- Personal integrity with the highest ethical standards
- Vast understanding of and experience working with warehouse and fulfillment operations
- Experience leading and developing a team of 2+ employees of different levels
- Thorough and complete knowledge of full cycle inventory accounting
- Someone who can work and lead in a rapid-growth environment
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing to all levels of the organization, including senior executive team
- Ability to think critically and research ad hoc accounting or operational issues
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills