Human Resources Manager
Human Resources | Westbury, NY | Full Time
Wine.com is seeking an experienced HR manager to partners with HR Director to support recruitment, benefits, compensation, performance management, policy compliance, employee relations and training. The HR Manager’s areas of focus will be both from the strategic to generalist role of the HR department. As a rapidly growing company, we have needs for recruitment efforts, new hire orientation, and onboarding, personnel & benefits administration, company policy, and procedure set-up.
You’re the ideal candidate if… you have passion for getting things done, believe “good enough” never is, and you’re committed to being a valuable resource to employees throughout the organization. If you have an amazing work ethic and you understand that follow-through is everything, have great attention to detail, and always take pride and ownership of everything you do.
- Assist with high volume recruitment efforts
- Develop and oversee new hire orientation, onboarding efforts, and employee termination process
- Develop and assist in managing our warehouse operations employee scheduling process.
- Help research, prepare, update and recommend HR best practices, policies, and procedures
- Assist with payroll and benefits administration
- Assist with leave administration
- Assist with workers compensation administration
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and legal responsibilities
- Provide management support for the mid to long term strategies
- Assist the HR team with a variety of ongoing projects and programs
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Business, Human Resources, or related area
- 6 years of experience working in Human Resources, at least 2 years as an HR manager.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and problem-solve with minimum assistance; with understanding of when to consult
- Professional demeanor and presence
- Experience working with ADP Workforce Now
- Exceptional organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple, high-volume schedules
- Effective priority management skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, and strong communication, skills
- Must be highly self-motivating and work well in a team
- Resourceful, nimble and a good problem-solver
- Knowledge of employment law and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to work with confidential matters
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PPT)
- Experienced working with HR Metrics
- Experience working with a high volume of seasonal and part time employee, preferred
- Experience working with a multi-State company, preferred