HR Operations Manager
Human Resources | Westbury, NY | Full Time
Our HR team supports our mighty Wine.com team which consists of our corporate and warehouse operations teams spread across 9 US States. HR acts as an essential business partner and support across all teams. Our HR operations team act as the central point of contact for general HR queries, providing employee assistance and support, developing our HR policies and processes, overseeing our HRIS and reporting, and providing exceptional HR transactional guidance to a multi-state employee base. Our team strives to create an environment in which all employees can thrive and do their best work. We are looking for an HR Operations manager to manage the team that delivers on all of these operations functions and is comfortable in a hands-on role, with a passion for innovative solutions and excellent service delivery.
What you will do:
- Provide effective leadership, supervision, and guidance to payroll and HR Ops team members to enable them to succeed on their job.
- Support HR Team Members with payroll and HR operations-related issues and provide continual guidance.
- Set measurable goals for the payroll and HR team to achieve, and ensure quality service is delivered.
- Develop and improve HR operations deliverables in alignment with Wine.com needs, based on consultation and collaboration and/or industry best practices research.
- Understand HR goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvement and innovation in HR objectives, productivity and development.
- Review all of our existing Employee Handbooks, along with our Federal, State and Local employment policies for accuracy and clarity. Create policies as required and ensure updates to existing policies are compliant with employment legislation.
- Stay current with legislation and practices as well as address any challenges or opportunities related to employment legislation and policies.
- Work with all teams across HR to define reporting requirements, building new and enhancing our existing reports, providing cyclical and ad hoc employee reports for the team as needed.
- Provide Ad-hoc reports and metrics on Payroll including end of pay period/monthly/quarterly/year-end reports (PTO, tax payments, salary changes, etc.) and perform reconciliation on a pay period, quarterly and annual basis.
- Manage and guide the administration of FMLA, Workers Compensation, ADA,
- Work to develop a view towards an HR analytics function.
- Assist with Audit teams to manage audit and compliance projects, including SOCs, on-boarding, RTW/work authorization, HRIS data integrity, M&A compliance and other areas related to HR compliance.
- Ensure that all HR Ops assets are not only consistent and up to date, but easy to navigate and use
- Other duties as assigned.
What we are looking for:
- 7+ years of experience in HR operations, policy development, and HR transactions with 4 of them as a manager in HR Operations.
- Experience working for an e-commerce company working with both corporate and warehouse employees a must.
- Proven ability to lead, coach and inspire growing teams with years of strong people management experience, ideally within an HR Ops function for a multi-state company.
- Experience developing and reviewing multi-state HR policies for both legislative compliance and in alignment with an organization’s culture.
- Proven experience with HRIS systems, ideally ADP WorkForceNow, for onboarding, Employee Management, and Talent Management.
- Strong HR project management experience, with an attention to detail and focus on accuracy.
- Collaborative approach and ability to partner cross-functionally.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, rapid-changing environment by prioritizing situations which require sense of urgency.
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to use sound judgement to drive complex issues to resolution and influence to achieve result.
- Embodies a “can do” mentality, and acts as an ambassador to Wine.com culture and values.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent