HR Coordinator - CA
Human Resources | Berkeley, CA | Full Time and Temporary
Wine.com is seeking an HR Coordinator to work from our Berkeley, LC. The HR Coordinator will be assisting and supporting different HR activities, including helping with the employment application intake process and coordinating HR activities with all Wine.com locations, addressing typical HR requests and inquiries from employees, ensuring that any paperwork or local and out of state HR related correspondence from and to the HR corporate office is sent and received successfully and on time.
This position is a temp to hire position.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for new hire onboarding by making sure new hire paperwork is correctly completed and submitted to Corporate office.
- Responsible for maintaining employee personnel files.
- Responsible for new hire and rehire forms such as i-9s and W4s compliance.
- Responsible for new employee orientation tasks such as setting them up on the time clock system, issuing building access cards, showing them the facilities and going over general rules, procedures and policies.
- Responsible for managing Workers Compensation claim filing and tracking.
- Responsible for maintaining the HR inbox routing and dispatching incoming emails from employees and partners.
- Assists with recruiting by screening resumes, calling and scheduling interviews for hiring managers.
- Assists with the upkeep and follow up of HR related paperwork.
- Assists payroll with administration of payroll documents and paperwork.
- Assist with managing employee schedules.
- Assist with employee new hire and termination paperwork preparation and administration.
- Assists with any other HR tasks as needed.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 3 year of Human Resources support experience.
- Bachelors Degree in related field
- Knowledge of basic Human Resources functions and procedures.
- Knowledge of HR type forms such as i-9s, W4s and hiring and termination paperwork.
- Knowledge of HR compliance laws.
- Experience working with ADP workforce now a plus.
- Exercise of good judgment and confidentiality handling sensitive information and documents.
- Great work ethic.
- Strong attention to detail and great organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to operate office type equipment such as computer, printer, copier and scanner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to prioritize work and multi task successfully.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Wine.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.