HR Assistant - TX
Human Resources | Houston, TX | Temporary
Wine.com is seeking an HR Assistant to work from our Houston, TX LC. The HR Assistant will be assisting and supporting different HR activities, including helping with the employment application intake process and coordinating HR activities with the HR team in the corporate office in SF, ensuring that any paperwork or HR related correspondence from and to the SF HR office is sent and received successfully and on time.
This position is a seasonal position. Regular Hours, M-F, 8 hours/day.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists with recruiting by screening resumes, calling and scheduling interviews for hiring managers.
- Assists with new hire onboarding by making sure new hire paperwork is correctly completed and submitted to Corporate office.
- Assists new hire and rehire forms such as i-9s and W4s.
- Assists with new employee orientation tasks such as setting them up on the time clock system, issuing building access cards, showing them the facilities and going over general rules, procedures and policies.
- Assists with the upkeep and follow up of HR related paperwork.
- Assist payroll with administration of ADP Aline VISA cards.
- Receives and distributes payroll checks to employees on payday.
- Assists with any other HR tasks as needed.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 1 year of Human Resources support experience.
- Knowledge of basic Human Resources functions and procedures.
- Knowledge of HR type forms such as i-9s, W4s and hiring and termination paperwork.
- Exercise of good judgment and confidentiality handling sensitive information and documents.
- Great work ethic.
- Strong attention to detail and great organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to operate office type equipment such as computer, printer, copier and scanner.
- Strong English reading, writing and speaking skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to prioritize work and multi task successfully.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Wine.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.