Gift Merchandising Manager
Merchandising | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Wine.com is seeking an entrepreneurial-minded leader to head its wine lifestyle gift products and non-wine merchandise. The role will drive the growth and continued modernization of its gift assortment by planning, designing, marketing and selling wine gifts through the Wine.com website, corporate accounts and other partner-based channels.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Identify opportunities within the wine gift segments. Assess current product offerings and plan the growth and modernization of our gourmet gift basket and curated wine set assortment.
- Collaborate with key wine.com retail partners and our corporate sales team on product assortment and sales.
- Implement product assortment by working across functional areas of sales, marketing, and operations.
- Manage the selling of the gift assortment for the website channel including directing the creative imagery and copywriting. Work closely with corporate sales and marketing teams on creating a Wine.com holiday gifts (soft copy) catalog.
- Forecast product demand within the company business channels. Closely monitor inventory levels across wine.com warehouses to prevent stock-outs and limit over-stocks of the gift assortment.
- Manage product-level profitability, cost of goods and retail pricing of the assortment.
- Manage strategic vendor relationships to ensure the best possible pricing.
- Keep abreast of competitor offerings and industry trends.
- Work closely with wine buying team on selecting and managing wines for the gift baskets and sets.
- Manage and grow current wine accessories offerings.
- Support the Vice President, Merchandising in various projects as assigned.
- Other duties as needed.
Key Education and Work Experience Requirements
- Five plus years of merchandising and selling experience in national retailing of consumer goods.
- Strong leadership, entrepreneurial, and team collaboration skills.
- Excellent English writing and verbal communication skills. Extraordinary attention to detail
- Experienced planning and negotiation skills.
- Ability to identify, develop and manage existing business and understand future trends.
- Excellent analytical skills; trend forecasting and item management
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel and database applications.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar capacity with an ecommerce company.
- Previous knowledge of the Wine industry highly preferred.
Essential Job functions
- Must be physically and intellectually capable of operating a computer, printer, telephone, as well as other business equipment. Also must be able to use a pen or pencil to write.
- Must be able to speak English in a clear and understandable voice so that business may be conducted with individuals of a wide and varied range of education and capability. This ability applies to the use of a pen or pencil regarding written communications as well.
- Must be able to read with or without corrective lenses.
- Physical demands will involve bending, stooping, lifting, grasping, pushing, pulling and otherwise moving objects weighing as much as 20 lbs. This may occur several times in a day.
- Must be able to work extended hours, days weekends and holidays if necessary.
- Other requirements include mental alertness, orientation to detail, strong reasoning and leadership skills, and the ability to supervise and be a team player.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work constructively and harmoniously in an environment that may be stressful due to adversarial situations resulting from the performance of the department’s mission.
- May be required to participate in more than one assignment at a time with frequent interruptions, changes, and delays. Must be able to remain focused and work effectively, efficiently, and harmoniously under such circumstances.
- The primary work area consists of a clean, open and temperature-controlled and well lighted environment.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position located at our San Francisco Corporate Office. Typical workdays are Monday - Friday; 8 hours a day during typical office hours (7AM - 6PM PST). During the holiday season work hours may be driven by business need.
Wine.com is the leading online wine retailer. Our mission is to promote the wine lifestyle through innovation by providing customers with selection, guidance, convenience, and value not common in stores. Located between California’s wine country and Silicon Valley, we’re passionate about using technology to offer the world of wine at your fingertips. Unique in its industry, Wine.com owns a proprietary network of wine fulfillment centers which delivers in 1 or 2 days to most of the country. For more information, visit our website at www.wine.com.
Wine.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.