Finance | San Francisco, CA | Temporary
Wine.com is the leading online wine retailer offering the world’s largest selection and the best service. The Fraud Analyst’s primary objective is to review e-commerce (online) orders for potential fraud. Additional responsibilities include addressing suspected fraudulent activity from transactions initiated via the web, contacting clients to verify identity, assisting with regular operational tasks.
This is a temporary position. Estimated assignment duration: September 2017 – June 2018.
Major Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions
- Review e-commerce (online) orders for potential fraud.
- Investigate and research fraud related inquiries.
- Identify and track current fraud trends by reviewing transaction patterns and accounts
- Process credit-backs and initiate collections process when necessary
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures for detecting fraud.
- Ensure timely verification/ approval of valid orders.
- Work closely with Customer Service and Logistic Centers on order statuses.
- When necessary, work with law enforcement agencies and credit card companies regarding fraudulent transactions by supplying information, reports, and documentation relevant to their cases.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- 1-2 years of experience in a call center environment or e-commerce.
- Previous experience in e-commerce, risk management, fraud investigation, chargeback representation, or related fields a plus.
- AA or equivalent work experience.
- Able to work independently with discipline to deliver assigned tasks.
- Knowledge of credit card processing, payment fraud prevention techniques, and e-commerce procedures.
- Must possess strong internet research along with the ability to navigate multiple systems at once.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent research, writing, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to use discretion when dealing with sensitive information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and management.
- Punctuality and schedule adherence is essential.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Wine.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.