Fine Wine Specialist
Merchandising | Westbury, NY | Full Time
Fine Wine Specialist
Wine.com is seeking a Fine Wine Specialist who will be working from our Westbury, NY wine fulfillment warehouse. The role will require them to work with the Wine.com Fine Wine team to help source and grow our fine wine business. They will lead our private collection acquisitions in the Northeast this will include maintaining ongoing relationships with relationships with private collectors leads in the Northeast. They will also ensure the quality and integrity of all the collectors’ wine that is brought into our facility, the inventory management of the wine within the facility and the movement of the wine within the facility. They will lead the small fine wine team on standard operating procedures and best practices are maintained at all time.
• Work with Wine.com fine wine team to help source and grow our fine wine business
• Follow up on private collection leads in Northeast and maintain ongoing relationships
• Inspecting the incoming private collections to assess condition
• Creation of purchase orders
• Receive incoming inventory of private collections and boutique vendors
• Assign bin locations in coordination of existing inventory
• Oversee and manage operational process of our Westbury, NY fine wine storage room to assure accuracy of order fulfilment and inventory
• Local private collection pick-up & delivery to Westbury, NY location
• Working with the San Francisco-based corporate merchandising team with topics related to Westbury, NY inventory
Required Skills and Experience
• Minimum 5 years of wine sales and/or purchasing experience
• Extensive knowledge of high-end collectible wines
• Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
• Organized, systematic and great with numbers
• Knowledge of warehouse/fulfillment center functions and practices with demonstrated ability to effectively work in a fast-paced multi-cultural environment
• Experience working with warehouse management and purchase order management systems.
• Ability to work with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
• Ability to supervise, lead from the front communicate with confidence and respect across different functions
• Physical ability to repeatedly lift and carry 40+pounds and work on your feet
• Enjoy being part of a small team in a busy logistic center environment.
Value Proposition: Selection, guidance & convenience not found in stores.
The world’s largest wine store, easily filtered & sorted, with deep content and live chat experts, available in your pocket, delivered to your door. Add StewardShip – unlimited shipping for $49 – for the best deal in the wine business. You can’t replicate this in a brick & mortar store. We are building a better way to shop for wine. This is how Wine.com fulfills its mission.
The Wine.com Blend : our core values
LEADERSHIP - IMPACT - MASTERY - ETHICS - REWARDS - ENVIRONMENT - BELONGING - FUN
Our core values were developed by our whole team, over several months, through surveys and the work of a cross functional task force to codify our shared beliefs. These values help guide our decisions and behavior, and serve as our “true north” as we seek to build a great place to work. Our core values are the foundation of the Wine.com culture.