Data Warehouse / Reporting Engineer
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time and Temp to Perm
About the Company:
Wine.com, the nation’s leading online wine store, is looking for a smart, high energy, entrepreneurial individual, who is passionate about using data to reinvent the customer experience in the wine category. Our mission is to make it fun, easy and risk-free for our customers to discover great new wines from all over the world, whether shopping for themselves or sending gifts. We operate corporate offices in San Francisco, CA, as well as distribution centers in many other states across the country.
About the Position:
You will be responsible for developing scalable, robust, reporting solution for Wine.com executives and staff, empowering our data driven culture. You will help drive the implementation, maintenance, and support. Initial projects will be focused around figuring out customer patterns of our various business segments, in order to drive our marketing campaigns to higher growth. You will also help the development group with SQL issues and perform general DBA duties for Wine.com.
- Work with business users to define and implement data mart cubes, visualization and reporting tools.
- Support our business with ad-hoc query requests.
- Work with development on Database / SQL Design and Optimization
Perform and automate routine reporting and database tasks
- Strong experience in Data Warehouse / Data Mining Development
- Demonstrated skills in designing and building business intelligence platforms with Microsoft Sql Server 2005 / 2008
- Experience with SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Sharepoint 2010
- Strong Experience querying complex data sets in RDBMS databases and proficiency with SQL.
- Meticulous approach to data validation and verification of accuracy of data analytics and reports.
Ideally, the candidate will also have:
- Strong abilities of implementation in agile development cycle
- Can do attitude with startup mentality to work under pressure and deal with ambiguity and change
- Great communication skills
- Excellent Problem Solving Skills.
- Customer-focused attitude, while maintaining high engineering standards
- Experience in Open Source reporting packages
- Experience in end user oriented packages like, qlikview, Hyperion , or similar
- History of work in Ecommerce and distribution
- Interest in learning about wine