Customer Service Representative
Customer Service | Westbury, NY | Part Time
PART TIME CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
(Remote - Telecommuting Opportunity)
Training will take place in our Berkeley, CA and Westbury, NY Customer Service Centeres and will require onsite presence for training purposes.
Part Time (15-20 Hours per week) year-round with expanded holiday hours of (40-50 Hours per week) from November through January
Candidates must be available to work hours as scheduled including early mornings, evenings and weekends.
KEY JOB DUTIES:
- Handle inbound customer support inquiries via online Chat, Zen Desk (e-mail) and/or phone.
- Assist customer with status of orders, modification of orders ie: changing delivery dates, shipping addresses, gift messages and trouble-shooting any order processing and/or delivery issues.
- Provide assistance to customer related to questions regarding product availability, delivery and pricing.
- Resolves problems by clarifying issues; researching and exploring alternative solutions; helping customer with current and past order and escalating unresolved problems in an appropriate manner .
- Will be working with a variety of software tools including LiveChat, Zen Desk, Microsoft Office and internal wine.com systems and tools.
KEY JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Customer oriented and friendly with a supportive presence on Chat, e-mail and phone.
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Previous experience in customer service, retail or hospitality a plus.
- Ability to work will with customers and colleagues in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of call center technology with proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook). Solid data entry and typing skills (preferably 35 words per minute).
- A friendly, “can do” attitude.
- Must have access to a Windows laptop or desktop computer with fast internet connectivity.
- Knowledge and enjoyment of wine desired but not required.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This non-exempt position offers part time shift which will include weekend hours. Working hours will be scheduled between 5 a.m. and 8 p.m. (PST). During the non-holiday season, part time hours will typically consist of 10-15 hours per week.
During the holiday season which begins in late November through mid-January, hours may be expanded to 40 -50 hours per week.
Positions are remote and require applicants to work from home or another quiet, work friendly environment.
Applicants must possess their own Windows computer with fast connectivity.
Training will take place in our Berkeley, CA and Westbury, NY warehouses and will require onsite presence for training purposes.
Wine.com is the leading online wine retailer. Our mission is to promote the wine lifestyle through innovation by providing customers with selection, guidance, convenience, and value not common in stores. Located between California’s wine country and Silicon Valley, we’re passionate about using technology to offer the world of wine at your fingertips. Unique in its industry, Wine.com owns a proprietary network of wine fulfillment centers which delivers in one or two days to most of the country. For more information, visit our website at www.wine.com.
Wine.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.