Legal | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Wine.com is seeking a full time Corporate Paralegal with at least 3 or more years of experience in a corporate paralegal or similar position. The Corporate Paralegal will team with the General Counsel to support the Wine.com Board of Directors and Officers as well as provide other corporate governance support and support with professional licensing, registrations and other legal and compliance areas as they relate to corporate governance matters among other responsibilities.
- Co-manage administrative aspects and arrangements for corporate board meetings including drafting minutes.
- Assist in the preparation of and distribution of communications to board and shareholders.
- Minute books and directors’ and officers’ listings
- Prepare corporate resolutions and consents.
- Subsidiary governance, including document and information management.
- Support the corporate governance function, including maintaining and updating state filings and registrations.
- Maintaining corporate records.
- Maintain licenses and permits for business operations.
- Work to maintain corporate existence and good standing for all legal entities in various jurisdictions; regularly update corporate database and internal reference document.
- Maintain daily calendar and track Legal Department activities as outlined below.
- Prepare standard letters and reports.
- Interpret and respond to requests for information, certificates and other documents from other functions including but not limited to corporate, operations, finance.
- Track and code external legal spend.
- Perform general administrative support for the Legal Department.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by General Counsel.
Required Skills and Experience
- Must have extensive experience drafting legal documents.
- Must have strong organizational skills and be detail oriented.
- Must be able to work independently and able to produce exceptional work under deadlines.
- Must be able to prioritize and re-prioritize on a daily basis.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must exercise sound judgment and appropriately consult with or seek attorney review when necessary.
- Must possess good common sense and approach projects and assignments practically.
- Must be able to aptly assess potential legal risks or exposure.
- Must have software and technical proficiency including MS Office including SharePoint and Adobe DC.
- High professional integrity and confidentiality required.
- Bachelors or Associates degree.
- Paralegal Cert Training or equivalent.
- 3+ years of related in-house corporate legal experience.
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with corporate governance matters.
- Experience with contracts and form agreements.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills,
- Valid notary.
- Experience with stock option administration.
- Experience with monthly excise tax reporting.
Wine.com is the leading online wine retailer. Our mission is to promote the wine lifestyle through innovation by providing customers with selection, guidance, convenience, and value not common in stores. Located between California’s wine country and Silicon Valley, we’re passionate about using technology to offer the world of wine at your fingertips. Unique in its industry, Wine.com owns a proprietary network of wine fulfillment centers which delivers in one or two days to most of the country. For more information, visit our website at www.wine.com.