Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Wine.com is seeking a motivated, fast-learning, high-performing Business Analyst to join the Wine.com team. You will help drive the business through data analysis, report creation, and customer insights to support our Marketing, Product, and Analytics teams. The Business Analyst will provide highly quantitative support for existing programs and also help drive the ongoing evolution of our marketing channels and on-site optimizations. This is an intellectually demanding role where the impact of your work will touch many aspects of our business.
- An owner. Whether it's hunting down data for a new report or establishing KPIs for a new initiative, you have a history of taking a big problem, owning it, and delivering results.
- Collaborative. You love helping your teammates do their best work. You can empathize with other disciplines and bring everyone together using clear communication skills. People love working with you!
- Analytical. You understand how to answer complex questions with numbers and are comfortable using a variety of tools to efficiently break down problems and present results.
- Organized. You know where all our data and reports are, and how to keep them easily accessible and well organized. You also have a natural ability to prioritize tasks.
- Flexible. You're OK with ambiguity and a fast-paced environment. We learn things every day… and we adjust accordingly!
- Curious. Our business sits in a very unique and challenging category and there are bountiful opportunities to gain new perspectives.
- Fun to work with. We take fun very, very seriously.
- 4+ years of analytics or marketing experience in data intensive environment
- Strong proficiency in Excel
- Basic SQL knowledge a major plus
- Experience with web analytics tools such as Omniture, Google Analytics, or AppsFlyer a major plus
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor Degree and extensive course work in engineering, mathematics, finance, economics or related field preferred
- Frequent educational and just for fun wine tastings with our knowledgeable staff of buyers and recommendations specialist
- Fantastic employee discount to stock your cellar
- Yearly company outing (plus frequent impromptu get-togethers)
- Friendly, positive working atmosphere that rewards creativity and adaptability