Assistant Manager - E-commerce Fulfillment Center
Operations | Berkeley, CA | Full Time
Wine.com is looking for an Assistant Manager who will be responsible for coordinating efficient logistic center operational activities in an E-COMMERCE warehouse including staff and daily operations management. The Assistant Manager will also be responsible for ensuring conformance to established policies and procedures and day-to-day oversight and direct participation in all logistic center functions including purchasing, receiving, inventory management, order picking, packing and shipping and overall logistic center operations.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Manage inventory accuracy through monitoring of daily warehouse activities, cycle counts and deliveries.
- Researches inventory discrepancies utilizing shipping documents and ERP program.
- Ensure incoming inventory is accurately received and put away in appropriate warehouse location.
- Participate and lead monthly inventory counts, including the research and reconciliation of discrepancies.
- Assist General Manager in controlling the physical condition of the warehouse and delivery equipment, facilities, grounds etc.
- Participate in the recruiting, training and daily managing of the logistic center staff. Ensure optimum staffing levels are maintained.
- Assist General Manager by providing leadership and establishing clear expectations and demonstrating high standards of work practices and productivity.
- Identify, correct and minimize common shipping problems.
- Use reports to actively monitor the order fulfillment process ensuring accurate picking, check invoicing and shipping of all customer orders.
- Coordinate inbound and outbound transportation.
- Inspire great work ethic, hard work, reliability, discipline amongst the warehouse team by being exemplary.
- Maintain a high standard of organization and cleanliness of the warehouse.
- Perform all tasks and duties that affect all aspects of the logistic center function.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum five years of warehouse/logistic center management experience in a fast paced and multi-cultural environment.
- Strong inventory management skills.
- Supply Chain Management background.
- Ability to run and analyze different operations report and use them to make necessary decisions.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated people management and personnel skills. Organized, systematic and good with numbers.
- In-depth knowledge of warehouse /logistic center functions and practices with demonstrated ability to effectively manage in a fast-paced environment. Ability to focus and maintain accuracy during repetitive tasks.
- Computer literacy and solid understanding of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and warehouse management systems.
- Ability to skillfully operate powered material handling equipment.
- Ability to lead by example, communicate with confidence and build respect with peers and staff.
- Ability to communicate at a professional level with people at all levels in the company.
- Physical ability to repeatedly lift and carry 40 plus pounds and to stand/walk for 8 hours or more each day.
- Enjoy being part of a small team in a busy logistic center environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Must be physically and intellectually capable of operating a computer, printer, telephone, as well as other business equipment.
- Must be able to read and write in English, Spanish a plus.
- Must be able to read with or without corrective lenses.
- Physical demands will involve bending, stooping, lifting, grasping, pushing, pulling and otherwise moving objects weighing as much as 40lbs. This may occur several times in a day.
- Must be able to work extended hours, days, weekends if necessary.
- Due to the demands of the job during the holiday season, they may be the need to work long hour days in order to meet customer expectation.
- Other requirements include mental alertness, attention to detail, strong reasoning and leadership skills, and the ability to supervise and be a team player.
- Required to work and perform activities involving being around moving machinery, lifting, carrying, pushing heavy weights, squatting, bending, climbing, reaching.
- Ability to work in an environment that may be stressful due to adversarial situations resulting from the performance of the department’s mission and seasonal demands of Wine.com business.
- May be required to participate in more than one assignment at a time with frequent interruptions, changes, and delays. Must be able to remain focused and work effectively, efficiently, and harmoniously under such circumstances.
- The primary work area is a warehouse with exposure to noise and marked changes in temperature and humidity and possible exposure to dust, fumes.
Wine.com is the leading online wine retailer. Our mission is to promote the wine lifestyle through innovation by providing customers with selection, guidance, convenience, and value not common in stores. Located between California’s wine country and Silicon Valley, we’re passionate about using technology to offer the world of wine at your fingertips. Unique in its industry, Wine.com owns a proprietary network of wine fulfillment centers which delivers in one or two days to most of the country. For more information, visit our website at www.wine.com.
Wine.com is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and equal opportunity employment to all.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.