Security Operations Coordinator
Dispensary | Chicago, IL | Full Time
The Security Specialist is an individual contributor position within the Security Team. The Security Specialist applies critical thought and analysis skills to gather, collect, create, and communicate information and then maintain organized records of in progress and completed projects. This individual exercises independent judgment, protocol, and customer service skills in reporting these events to our cross-functional partners per policy and leadership guidance in addition to liaising with government and industry partners to provide critical information regarding our business and process standards. The Security Specialist is collaborative, leveraging teammates’ skills to collectively respond to large and small-scale incidents while maintaining focus and responsibility for monitoring and reporting. The Security Specialist reports to the Security Operations Manager and has no direct reports.
- Monitors field information alerts from field, store and home office.
- Documents and reports all pertinent information on internal/external incidents, system disruptions that impact business, and all other crisis affecting our business.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service and emergency response skills when answering calls from our field, store, or home office partners
- Analyzes and maintains curiosity to uncover critical information and risk to the business
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal skills to accurately report and deliver information via the local project management system, email, phone and/or emergency alerts
- Responds to initial emergency issues and coordinates appropriate actions per policy related to offices, stores, cultivation centers.
- Monitors the security & safety for all associates at Weed Street and other locations when needed.
- Monitors access control, burglar alarms, fire safety systems, and CCTV systems and coordinate issue resolution with Security Leadership.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Security leadership team to include but not limited to:
- Participation in group training exercises/quarterly
- Provide feedback and input on the development of new policies and procedures
- A college degree in business administration, or criminal justice, or
- 3 years of relevant work experience in safety, security, and/or law enforcement
- Retail Loss Prevention experience a plus
- Highly analytical and detail oriented
- Excellent customer services skills
- Ability to multi-task and work a flexible schedule including a combination of days, evenings, nights, and weekends with an average 40 hours per week.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office, Excel, and Powerpoint
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
At Windy City Cannabis we are committed to improving the quality of our patients’ lives and restoring well-being. Our medical cannabis dispensaries are setting a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness in our clean and modern facilities. Our staff is well trained and attentive, striving to serve patients with great respect and compassion.
Besides dispensing medicine, Windy City Cannabis also provides a wide range of holistic services designed to help patients maintain a healthy lifestyle, reduce stress and manage pain, such as yoga and therapeutic massage.
Windy City Cannabis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.