Dispensary | Carpentersville, IL | Part Time
Windy City Cannabis is an inviting family of hometown cannabis dispensaries where passionate Associates connect customers to the most trusted and effective cannabis products for their lifestyle. We offer a curated selection of high-quality products, personalized service, and a warm, welcoming vibe that invites people to stay longer and return often. In addition to selling trusted products, we host a wide range of wellness and educational events to help our customers live a safe, healthy lifestyle.
We are looking for a Dispensary Associate who can become an integral part of our organization and grow with our company. The ideal candidate is a motivated, friendly individual who strives provide a genuine experience to customers with professionalism, poise and patience. A passion for cannabis coupled with a strong adherence to protocol and compliance are a must for this role.
The Dispensary Associate assesses the individual needs of customers, provides superior product knowledge, and conducts sales transactions efficiently and accurately. The Associate will support the retail operations by keeping working areas in a clean and orderly.
This is a new facility in the Windy City family: We are looking to finalize hiring and begin training in early 2021, for a grand opening in March.
- Train for and adapt to several roles in the dispensary to meet day-to-day requirements: greeting fellow staff and customers, waiting room service, checkout service and sanitary management are areas of proficiency
- Assess individual customer needs by asking questions regarding their lifestyle and relationship to cannabis, then carefully listening to responses to determine what type of product or consumption method to recommend
- Adhere to and promote a culture of compliance as it pertains to state and company regulations
- Participate in continuous training to further knowledge of cannabis strains, cultivators, and applications
- Assist and support team members with positivity and proactivity in all day-to-day matters; communicate with respect and professionalism
- Perform opening and closing procedures
- Ensure the accuracy of assigned cash register till
- Maintain the overall appearance, organization and cleanliness of the department and service counter areas; adhere to sanitization and safety guidelines
- Managing time and respecting protocol under fast-paced retail conditions are a must
- Other duties may be assigned, as needed or warranted, by management
- Frequently lifting, moving, carrying store inventory, weighing up to 50 pounds. Occasionally ascending/descending ladders or stairs
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- One year or more prior experience in retail sales or similar environment
- Proven organizational, communication, and customer service skills
- A fundamental understanding of cannabinoids and their effects on the body is preferred
- Prior experience working within the cannabis industry is a plus
- Efficacy with technology and point of sale systems; cash handling
- Passion to serve all individuals
- Candidate must be a self-starter, flexible to work in a collaborative structure and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to obtain a dispensing organization agent identification card issued by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation Division of Professional Regulation
- Ability to pass a background check free of felonies
- High school diploma or GED is required
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
At Windy City Cannabis we are committed to improving the quality of our patients’ lives and restoring well-being. Our medical and recreational cannabis dispensaries are setting a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness in our clean and modern facilities. Our staff is well trained and attentive, striving to serve patients with great respect and compassion.
Windy City Cannabis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.