Dispensary | Chicago, IL | Full Time
Windy City Cannabis is an inviting family of hometown cannabis dispensaries where passionate Associates connect customers to the most trusted and effective cannabis products for their lifestyle. We offer a curated selection of high-quality products, personalized service, and a warm, welcoming vibe that invites people to stay longer and return often. In addition to selling trusted products, we host a wide range of wellness and educational events to help our customers live a safe, healthy lifestyle.
The Buyer will have knowledge of strains, concentrates, and edibles and will utilize a successful track record of buying experience to enhance the Windy City Cannabis brand. The Buyer will be responsible for managing day-to-day purchasing activities that all drive towards the strategic goals of the organization: enhanced sales, enhanced margins, and a world-class patient experience.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Creates purchasing strategies that tie to financial goals of each dispensary
- Works with store operations team to craft localized assortments and sales forecasts to drive profitability
- Develops strong relationships with suppliers of cannabis products and cannabis product accessories to ensure consistent access to products for our customers
- Responsible for managing the full lifecycle of buying: product innovation, vendor meetings, costing negotiations, executive reporting, pricing analysis, promotional calendars, and product exit strategies
- Builds reports to enhance decision making at all levels of the organization
- Reports will include: bestsellers, promotional expectations, dispensary performance and other KPIs to be distributed to leadership weekly
- Audit purchasing processes to create “best in class” behaviors
- Understands the competitive landscape and identifies opportunities for Windy City Cannabis
- Manages appropriate inventory levels to ensure dispensaries can exceed sales expectations while balancing SKU count and variety with store efficiency
- Provides direction to stores for merchandising displays
- Analyzes previous sales/promotions and sales patterns to drive inventory planning and decision making across the business
- Work closely with the finance team to ensure our goals for revenue, margin, inventory and SKU productivity align with our quarterly sales goals
- Work with our marketing team to link financial results to daily and weekly performance, along with delivering promotions and markdown management best practices
- Frequently lifting, moving, carrying store inventory, weighing up to 50 pounds. Occasionally ascending/descending ladders or stairs
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Experience in retail buying, merchandising, planning, or allocation
- Strong presentation skills and ability to listen
- Ability to make decisions under pressure
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work with little supervision and work well cross-departmentally
- Solutions based team member
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and Tableau
- Data-Driven decision making mentality, sound business judgment, and the ability to back up recommendations up with meaningful analytic thinking.
- Mathematical / analytical mindset
- Preferred cannabis experience
Windy City Cannabis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.