Engineering | Boston, MA | Full Time
WindESCo’s mission is to ensure that every wind turbine produces its maximum potential energy output and operates reliably beyond its intended lifetime. To achieve this we have brought together the power of sensing and analytics through our IIoT architecture. Our highly qualified team is passionate about our work.
WindESCo is looking for a hands-on field engineer to lead installation and maintenance of our smart sensing systems on utility scale wind turbines. Emphasis is on ability to perform hands-on work safely and efficiently and achieve high quality results under challenging conditions. The field engineer will work with windfarm technicians and subcontractors during installations so organization and leadership skills are essential. Applicants should highlight their experiences with building and repairing or modifying electro-mechanical systems and working with industrial equipment.
Lead and oversee installation and troubleshooting of WindESCo’s sensing system:
- Climb wind turbines, perform lock-out-tag-out, install and test sensing system
- Work with and train other technicians and subcontractors to perform installations.
- Communicate professionally with customers when visiting windfarms
- Perform verification, configuration and diagnosis of data acquisition systems
- Install servers and setup networking parameters as required.
- Debug and repair systems
- Continuously improve installation methods to improve reliability and reduce installation time.
- Perform work safely following all safety requirements and training and requirements consciously and ensuring that companions do likewise.
- Organize and maintain inventory of components and tools
- Configure, test and assemble systems prior to shipping
- Improve and implement quality control and system component tracking methods
- Ability and willingness to travel (up to 75% travel anticipated).
- Physical ability to lift 50 lbs. (25 kg), climb wind turbines
- Comfortable working at heights and entering and working in confined spaces.
- Bachelors in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or
- Associates degree and 2-4 years of experience
- Or 6-10 years of experience
- Experience with assembling, configuring and diagnosing complex electro-mechanical systems.
- Wiring AC and DC circuits and reading electrical diagrams
- Familiarity with use of multi-meter for debugging AC and DC electrical circuits.
- Use of hand tools including taps, torque wrenches, and hand-held power tools.
- Familiarity with basic computer networking, PLCs, static IP addresses.
- Familiarity with operation of industrial equipment
- Minimum four years of experience in providing services to wind farms