Visual Designer, Marketing
Product & Design | San Francisco, CA
Wikia is a collaborative publishing platform that enables communities to discover, create, and share content on any topic in any language. We maintain over 200,000 wikis across an impressive array of subjects, spanning virtually all aspects of popular culture. With 275,000 enthusiast communities attracting more than 65 million global unique visitors each day, Wikia is the largest user-generated media company and is a Top 50 site, according to Quantcast. Wikia was founded in 2004 by Jimmy Wales and Angela Beesley, and is headquartered in a brightly colored SOMA office in San Francisco, CA.
We are seeking a Visual Designer who is both passionate and experienced in designing for screen and interactive. The successful candidate will serve as the creative design partner to our Marketing team, helping us to visually communicate our brand and products through marketing campaigns, collateral and sales presentations.
- Translate ideas and requirements into original designs that are visually exciting and emotionally engaging,
- Work hand-in-hand with a Graphic Designer on large-scale projects.
- Work seamlessly with all areas of Marketing, from research to social media marketers.
- Create designs that clearly communicate Wikia’s brand and products to our sales teams and marketing team.
- Drive brand consistency and creative expression of our Wikia brand for business.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong portfolio featuring presentations, print and web design.
- Expertise in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, Powerpoint and Keynote, with an understanding of the basics of HTML.
- Demonstrates solid experience in marketing design including: advertising, print collateral, logo development, and interactive multimedia.
- Web design essential.
- Experience working in marketing and/or advertising.
- A team player who is self-directed and works with minimal direction from senior creative staff.
- Superb communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex concepts into easy-to-understand visuals.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or College of Art or equivalent and 3+ years work experience in this or a related field.
* Please attach a URL to your portfolio.
Benefits & Perks
Wikia offers a competitive salary package including stock options, health benefits (medical and dental), PTO, and a 401K. Our San Francisco office is located within walking distance to South Park, AT&T Stadium, and the CalTrain station, and is only blocks away from Market Street and BART. Our dog-friendly digs also come with a stocked pantry and gaming room, where some employees practice yoga at lunch.
Principals only. Agency and recruiter resumes will be considered unsolicited resumes that are not subject to placement fees.