Community Support Manager - German/Deutschsprachiger Support
Community Support | San Francisco, CA
Wikia is looking for just the right Community Support specialist to join our team in SF’s SOMA neighborhood. The ideal candidate is passionate about helping online communities and their leaders grow, has a native-level proficiency in German (written and verbal), is very comfortable in a technical environment, can communicate intricate concepts via email, forums, blog posts, and in a fast-paced support chat, has love for both passionate users and newbies, and has a couple years (at least) experience in the industry to prove it.
This position is full-time and based in our office in San Francisco. Your resume must be submitted in English and you must be eligible to work in the US.
- Assisting our users via email, forums, blog posts, and chat in a variety of topics from technical support & troubleshooting to soothing disputes.
- Supporting entire wiki communities and helping them grow by providing help, advice, and technical assistance.
- Learning, living, and loving MediaWiki.
- Communicating community needs to our product management and development teams (via bug reports and product feedback channels).
- Serving as the initial point of contact for users and tenaciously following through on all issues until they are resolved.
- Troubleshooting a multitude of problems, predicaments, panics, and puzzles as they randomly appear.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Native proficiency in written and verbal German language.
- Demonstrated experience providing customer support online.
- An understanding of online community dynamics.
- If not highly technical we need you to be very comfortable with (and curious about) the technology we use to power Wikia (mostly MediaWiki - so if you’re well-versed in wikis, you’re in the right place).
- Super friendly both in person and online.
- Ability to handle busy, ever-changing environments with ease.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (we’re serious about this).
- Willingness to put in occasional weekend hours.
Benefits & Perks
Wikia offers a competitive salary package including stock options, health benefits (medical and dental), PTO, and a 401K. Our San Francisco office is located within walking distance to South Park, AT&T Stadium, and the CalTrain station, and is only blocks away from Market Street and BART. Our dog-friendly digs also come with a stocked pantry and gaming room, where some employees practice yoga at lunch.
Wikia is a collaborative publishing platform that enables communities to discover, create, and share content on any topic in any language. Community-created wikis cover everything from the latest games, anime, music and TV shows to eco-friendly living and the world's best chocolate chip recipes. With 275,000 enthusiast communities attracting more than 45 million global unique visitors each month, Wikia is the largest user-generated media company and is a Top 50 site, according to Quantcast. Wikia was founded in 2004 by Jimmy Wales and Angela Beesley, and is headquartered in a brightly colored SOMA office in San Francisco, CA.
Principals only. Agency and recruiter resumes will be considered unsolicited resumes that are not subject to placement fees.