Wide Open Pets Staff Writer
Content | Remote, TX | Full Time
Wide Open Pets is America's digital backyard and barnyard where some of our best friends have four legs. We are looking for a Staff Writer to work directly with the Associate Director of Editorial and Growth at Wide Open Media to grow the community and Brand vision for Wide Open Pets while contributing to foundational educational content.
The Staff Writer will be a self-starter devoted to publishing timely animal-focused stories and breaking news with short weekend shifts required. This role will be dedicated to growing the new brand vision for Wide Open Pets through content creation.
This is a full-time position with substantial potential for growth for the right person. We are a remote company, this position is remote.
- Curate daily trending animal lifestyle content from around the web
- Digest organic search and trending research to formulate the best concept angles that align with our audience
- Analyze data to help the editorial team create an actionable plan for wider multimedia strategy
- At least 2 years of fast-paced web writing experience covering news and lifestyle content for web publishers
- At least 1 year of hands-on SEO writing experience
- Knowledge of/experience with Wordpress and/or Wordpress VIP
- Strong understanding of quality and engaging content with a focus on the Heartland audience
- Ability to consistently source, conceptualize, pitch, and write new article ideas in a timely manner
- Detailed experience using SEO insights, Google Analytics, and editorial calendars
- Strong analytical skills, including deep data analysis and a foundation in Excel
- Previous writing experience in a strong research and analytical role
- Able to meet deadlines with exceptional time management skills and flexibility.
- A ‘doer’ with high enthusiasm, motivation, and organizational skills.
- Engaged with the conversation around agrarian American life. We’re not saying that you have to own a farm, but we’re saying that you would love to one day if you don’t.
Apply with a copy of your most recent resume, links (only) to writing samples, and a short statement (~500 words) telling us why you would make the perfect Wide Open Pets Staff Writer.