Wide Open Pets Staff Writer
Editorial | Reno, NV | Part Time
Wide Open Pets is a growing online community centered around pets & animals, with a farm and country flair. We’re looking for a Staff Writer to work directly with our Managing Editor to rapidly grow the presence of Wide Open Pets. The Staff Writer will be a self-starter devoted to publishing timely and breaking news and lifestyle stories and the role will be dedicated to increasing our presence as a thought leader in the pets & animals world.
This is a part-time position with substantial potential for growth for the right person. The position is fully remote and starts at 25 hours per week. Pay for the position is hourly and will be discussed in greater detail during the interview process.
Our Managing Editor on Wide Open Pets is located in Reno, Nevada, but we are considering candidates from across the country.
- At least 2 years of fast-paced web writing experience for web publishers
- At least 1 year of hands-on SEO writing experience
- Knowledge of/experience with WordPress
- Strong understanding of quality and engaging content with a focus on the Heartland audience
- Ability to consistently source, conceptualize and pitch new article ideas
- Ability to pend articles completely in a highly timely manner - should be able to write a 500-1000 word article in an hour with ease
- Editorial experience in a web writing environment
- Previous experience pets and animals topics is a HUGE plus, but not necessarily required
- Previous writing experience in a strong research and analytical role
Apply with a copy of your most recent resume, links to writing samples, and a short statement telling us why you'd make the perfect Wide Open Pets Staff Writer.
If this sounds like you, we look forward to your application!