Video | Austin, TX | Temp to Full Time
Wide Open Media Group is recruiting a Video Editor to help with the sourcing of assets and editing of original video content across our websites Wide Open Spaces, Wide Open Country, Rare, FanBuzz, and Alt_driver.
This individual will be working hand-in-hand with our Video Producer and Editorial teams to source and edit all Wide Open Media Group original video assets, and fine-tune other assets we use on our websites. We're a rapidly-growing network and a drive and determination to learn about how video is used in a media network environment are essential.
The position will be mostly remote with the exception of video shoots and equipment check out from our office located in downtown Austin at 801 Congress. We are not accepting remote applicants for the role.
Contract-to-hire / Full-Time (M – F)
- Minimum 1-year experience working with Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop, After Effects
- Experience and knowledge of best and current fair use practices
- Understands basic color grading and audio editing
- Ability to shoot original video content, both camera and audio
- Experience in social media-driven content environment
- Knowledgeable of what makes a video engaging on social media platforms and beyond
- Able to meet deadlines with exceptional time management skills and flexibility
- A ‘doer’ with high enthusiasm, motivation, and organizational skills
- A passionate video maker. You strive to make each video your best, no matter the subject material.
- Engaged with the conversation around American life. You can relate to a big buck trophy hunt as easily as a list of Johnny Cash’s greatest hits, while bringing your own unique identity to the content.
Please provide a link to a YouTube or Vimeo reel. Candidates who do not submit a reel will not be considered. In addition, please include a short paragraph in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this Video Editing position at Wide Open Media Group.