Social Media Manager
Social Media | Remote, TX | Full Time
Are you fascinated when something goes viral? Do your friends ask YOU what the newest meme means? If you’re a data-obsessed team player who believes social media is not only an entertainment channel but an avenue for education, engagement, and relationship building, we want you!
Wide Open Media Group is looking for a Social Media Manager to focus on social publishing and engagement for our owned and operated sites: Rare, Alt_Driver, Fanbuzz, Wide Open Spaces, Wide Open Country, Wide Open Pets, Wide Open Eats, and Wide Open Roads. This position relies heavily on data for decision-making. The SMM will collaborate closely with our social, video and editorial teams to ensure that our content is distributed in the most effective way across all platforms.
The Social Media Manager will be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is enthusiastic about social media and lifestyle content. You understand that it's not just about what resonates with the audience, but why it resonates. You have a keen eye for content that sparks engagement and creates conversation.
This is a remote, full-time position with substantial potential for growth for the right person.
- Plan, schedule, publish links and videos for multiple sites across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter
- Monitor discussions, posts, comments and messages across multiple Facebook pages and other social media platforms
- Analyze links, video, and photo performance on social platforms and deliver feedback to social and editorial teams in an actionable way
- Think outside the box to find creative solutions for day-to-day tasks (work smarter not harder)
- Engage with followers and influencers across social platforms, including retweeting, liking, responding to posts and identifying opportunities for potential brands partnerships
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications, or linguistics (preferred but not required)
- Understanding of the digital landscape and a proven interest in keeping up to date with developments in web platforms and applications
- Ability to express learnings and share knowledge through writing in an effective way
- A motivated attitude and an acceptance of an always-fluctuating workload
- Able to meet deadlines with good time management and flexibility
- Experience with tools like Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager, Agorapulse, Canva, CrowdTangle, WordPress is preferred
- Attach your resume
- Please include a short paragraph in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this SMM position and Wide Open Media Group