Senior Account Executive, Brand Partner
Sales | Remote, TX | Full Time
Wide Open Media Group is a modern media company embracing and amplifying the collective American identity. Our house of brands connects engaged audiences with educational and entertaining content deeply rooted in their passions and curiosities.
Our portfolio includes many of the nation’s most respected and influential publishers including Wide Open Spaces, Wide Open Country, Wide Open Eats, Wide Open Pets, Wide Open Roads, Rare, FanBuzz, and Alt_driver. Collectively these properties reach over 100M Heartland consumers each month via digital, video, and social platforms.
Wide Open Media is seeking an experienced, extremely motivated, sales-driven Senior Account Executive/Brand Partner to join our company working remotely. As part of a best-in-class sales team, the Account Executive/Brand Partner will sell fully integrated 360 content marketing programs across desktop, mobile, video, social, and award-winning branded content. This solution-oriented individual will be responsible for creating partnerships across multiple passion points and initiatives while maximizing revenue.
The ideal candidate is creative, ambitious, organized, and is great at identifying and closing business across specific categories/regions – MUST have experience selling digital content and BIG ideas.
About the role:
- Must meet or exceed revenue goals on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis across Digital, Mobile, Video, and Branded Content
- Identify and close new sales opportunities within targeted and untapped accounts
- Be able to build upon existing account relationships while prospecting and developing new accounts
- Schedule and execute multiple in-person face-to-face meetings a week that may include lunches, dinners, and client entertaining (once we can do these things again).
- Act as the main liaison between Wide Open Media and advertisers on all marketing programs, including but not limited to advertising campaigns, custom content programs, events, social promotions, etc.
- Leverage industry and account expertise to land a 'must buy' sentiment across all customer touchpoints.
- Utilize performance data and insights to strategize, position, and sell through upsell, incremental, and renewal opportunities
What You Need to Succeed
- 5+ years of media and sales experience meeting and/or exceeding quota
- Track record of consistent earnings over-achievement in past Sales Executive roles (top 10-20% of company), advancement and increased responsibility in past positions.
- Possess a rolodex of Advertising agency and Brand/Client relationships and experience
- Ability to conceptualize, strategize and sell “Ownable Moments”
- Exceptional client relationships and communications skills
- Impeccable organization and attention to details
- Campaign and custom content management experience
- A positive, upbeat attitude and someone who is “Win-Win” with a desire to meet/exceed all goals
- Desire and capability to work in a fast-paced, results, and deadline-driven environment
- A passion for the heartland and passion driven communities.
What You’ll Love About Wide Open Media
- Fastest growing online media company solely focused on the Heartland consumer and their passions
- Opportunity not limited by category, geography, vertical, agency or brand
- Robust benefits and PTO policies