FanBuzz Recruiting Content Writer
Content | Chicago, IL or New York, NY | Contract
FanBuzz is the digital sports publication where hometown pride takes center court through the latest news, heated debates, and glory date tributes. We cover trending stories from professional, collegiate, and high school athletics to capture the core of our passionate and curious fandoms.
We're looking for a Recruiting Content Writer who will help us grow our social and organic presence with resonant and engaging articles to join our contributor network, The League. Our ideal candidate can take a list of SEO-based insights and craft a cohesive, high school recruiting-focused collection of excellent evergreen content. They also have a particular interest for the SEC at the high school level.
The Recruitment Content Writer will work closely with the Director of Editorial and the FanBuzz team at Wide Open Media to write complete 40 articles monthly. The writer will transform batch assignments and SEO data into vibrant FanBuzz narratives. The most successful candidate will be technically proficient, detail-focused, and mindful of tight deadlines.
Wide Open Media Group is a remote company with HQ offices located in Austin, Texas. We're considering candidates from all regions. This is a contract position.
- At least 1 year of fast-paced web writing experience for web publishers
- At least 1 year of hands-on SEO writing experience
- At least 1 year of digital publishing experience
- Knowledge of/experience with WordPress
- Strong understanding of quality and engaging content with excellent writing skills across a range of verticals
- Ability to consistently source, conceptualize, and pitch new article ideas
- Ability to craft articles in a timely manner
- Contributor experience in a sports-driven web writing environment.
- Detailed experience using SEO insights, Google Analytics, and editorial calendars
- Athlete-minded! The perfect candidate for this role will be invested in watching athletes grow from HS athletes to Pro.
- A ‘doer’ with high enthusiasm, motivation, and organizational skills.
What we offer:
- Guaranteed pay per published article
- Exposure to our massive social network, including individual team pages
- Chance to establish and further a writing career with a growing community, making a major impact on a site with huge goals