Content | Remote, TX | Full Time
Wide Open Media Group is a modern media company embracing and amplifying the collective American identity. Our house of brands connects engaged audiences with educational and entertaining content deeply rooted in their passions and curiosities.
We’re looking for a Content Editor to edit and publish sharply-edited, curiosity-engaging content for all of our digital properties (Wide Open Spaces, Wide Open Country, Wide Open Eats, Wide Open Pets, Rare, FanBuzz, Alt_driver, and Wide Open Roads). Our ideal candidate will have a penchant for grammar and tone with the ability to run down an editing checklist with ease.
The Content Editor will work closely with Associate Director of Editorial at Wide Open Media to transform data and products into personable content that has multi-channel appeal. The most successful candidate will be technically proficient, detail-focused, and mindful of tight deadlines.
The Wide Open Media Group offices are located in Austin, Texas, but we’re considering candidates from all areas and the search is not limited to Austin. This is a full-time position with substantial potential for growth for the right person.
- At least 1 year of fast-paced web writing experience for web publishers
- At least 1 year of hands-on SEO writing experience
- At least 1 year of digital publishing experience
- Knowledge of/experience with WordPress
- Strong understanding of quality and engaging content with excellent writing skills across a range of verticals
- Ability to offer thoughtful critique
- Ability to move through an editing checklist in a timely manner
- Detailed experience using SEO insights, Google Analytics, and editorial calendars
- Previous writing experience in a strong research and analytical role
Apply with a copy of your most recent resume, links to writing samples, and a short statement telling us why you'd make the perfect Wide Open Media Content Editor.
If this sounds like you, we look forward to your application!