Commerce Content Writer
Content | Chicago, IL or New York, NY | Contract
Wide Open Media Group is a modern media company embracing and amplifying the collective American identity. Our house of brands connects engaged audiences with educational and entertaining content deeply rooted in their passions and curiosities.
We’re looking for a Commerce Content Writer to create affiliate-based content for all of our digital properties (Wide Open Spaces, Wide Open Country, Wide Open Eats, Wide Open Pets, Rare, FanBuzz, Alt_driver, and more), from The Best Treestand Safety Harnesses to Space-Saving Kitchen Tools Under $50. Our ideal candidate can take a list of SEO-based insights and craft a cohesive, brand-forward collection of conversational affiliate content.
The most successful candidate in this role is able to:
- Articulate product marketing skills in an approachable voice that is unique to each publication
- Research thoroughly and create quality content in a timely manner
The Commerce Content Writer will work closely with the Commerce Staff Writer and the Director of Editorial at Wide Open Media to transform data and products into personable content that has multi-channel appeal. The most successful candidate will be technically proficient, detail-focused, and mindful of tight deadlines.
The Wide Open Media Group offices are located in Austin, Texas, but we're considering candidates from all areas and the search is not limited to Austin. This is a contract position.
- At least 1 year of fast-paced web writing experience for web publishers
- At least 1 year of hands-on SEO writing experience
- At least 1 year of digital publishing
- Knowledge of/experience with WordPress
- Strong understanding of quality and engaging content with excellent writing skills across a range of verticals
- Ability to consistently source, conceptualize, and pitch new article ideas
- Ability to craft articles in a timely manner
- Detailed experience using SEO insights, Google Analytics, and editorial calendars
- Strong analytical skills, including deep data analysis and a foundation in Excel
- Previous writing experience in a strong research and analytical role
Apply with a copy of your most recent resume, links to writing samples, and a short statement telling us why you'd make the perfect Wide Open Media Commerce Writer.
If this sounds like you, we look forward to your application!