Associate Director of Growth
Operations | Remote, TX | Full Time
Do community-building and digital growth run in your blood? Do you follow the narrative of your favorite brands and publications? If you’re a data-obsessed team player who believes that community is the core of an intent-driven publication, we want you.
Wide Open Media Group is looking for an Associate Director of Growth to develop and execute our community-building strategies for our owned and operated sites: Rare, Alt_Driver, Fanbuzz, Wide Open Spaces, Wide Open Country, Wide Open Pets, Wide Open Eats, and Wide Open Roads. This position relies heavily on data for decision-making across multiple Channels and communities, with an emphasize on Facebook as a social platform. The Associate Director of Growth will collaborate closely with our social, video and editorial teams to ensure that our content is distributed in the most effective way across all platforms for maximum impact.
The Associate Director of Growth will be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is enthusiastic about social media and growth strategies. You understand that it’s not just about what resonates with the audience, but why it resonates and how it’s surfaced. You understand how to scale and differentiate strategy across multiple channels, from RSS-driven platforms to active posting platforms like Facebook and Youtube.
This is a remote position with substantial potential for growth for the right person.
- Strategize and streamline processes around manual posting and Voice on every platform we host a Community: Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, News Break, SmartNews, and more
- Build and strategize Promotional initiatives around newly-launched Wide Open Media Products
- Manage the Social Media team in daily execution and community-building at a Page-level
- Analyze links, video, and photo performance on social platforms and deliver feedforwards to editorial and social teams in actionable ways
- Develop communities across rising platforms relevant to the Wide Open Brand
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications, or linguistics (preferred but not required)
- Understanding of the digital landscape and a proven interest in keeping up to date with developments in web platforms and applications
- Ability to express learnings and share knowledge through writing in an effective way
- A motivated attitude and an acceptance of an always-fluctuating workload
- Able to meet deadlines with good time management and flexibility
- Experience with tools like Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager, Agorapulse, Canva, CrowdTangle, WordPress is preferred
- Attach your resume
- Please include a short paragraph in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for the Associate Director of Growth position at Wide Open Media Group.